I Shall Survive Using Potions!

Dex-chan lover
@GodricKharg
I completely agree with anyone uploading anything needing to attach how they wish it to be used. I also agree with the sentiment that how it actually is used is up in the air. Honestly, if people cannot handle that they either need to hire a lawyer, or not upload things. I understood this whe. I uploaded the most recent editions of my writing...

@DrWhoCares
Honestly, I agree. Sadly it is getting more confusing. If a wall of text has to be added as a subtext to explain... It isn't worth explaining (in manga form, I may drop the Manga and just read the book honestly).
More text can help explain something, honestly, but if you have to change the formatting of the story telling in the first place to explain necessary things...
Anyway...
I do agree with your sentiment, but also feel anyone has the right to translate anything into any language and everyone has the same legal right to upload it anywhere (bar the official translators, of course).
Perhaps MangaDex should add a function to the chapters stating "test group" or "experimental translation"? This would provide a warning to those who would wish to read more 'professional' translations...

hey it's me trash kaoru , and here today's trash plot that's unexpectedly gonna work because everyone is an imbecile apparently ... dropped , have fun gurls

Dex-chan lover
Hm.. yeah I can see where @madthejoint is coming from. We can see that she can alter her appearance so why not do it? She clearly hatches elaborate plans but this is pretty mundane for her to do.

The translation itself is fine. I have to say though that some key plot points are being said too lightly and im not that willing to carefully read a manga that was supposed to be light-hearthed. And it's not that im speedreading. I can understand her motivations and why she's driving them off. At least I can say I wasn't among the manga readers that didn't understood her motivation as to why she was distancing herself from the royal family and trying to secure a position in which she can freely move but still be able to help people. My problem is that the manga itself doesn't give the political explanations that should answer how she's doing it. If not for those walltexts, I wouldn't had been able to understand why pretending to be her fake sister explains why these medieval diplomats no longer have a reason to take her besides the fact that they have the wrong person.

I know that this is based on a Web novel, but how many chapters of the manga are out there, and is this releaseing weekly or something?

Is there a version without the explanation?
Don't get me wrong. It is a nice thought to include an explanation for the more complicated discussions and events. But I have fun in thinking about Kaoru's actions, why she did something and what other ideas I have that could have worked too or better. For example how she lies about so many things, realising that the truth would be really troublesome in most cases.
I read through the first two blocks of text and wonderd why the manga is suddenly so fixated on explanation. It's kinda funny that I didn't realise that the situation with the readers got so bad that the translator deemed this necessary.

Something that I read in the comments piqued my interest. Do you really think the nobles are portrayed that stupid? We haven't seen to many nobles in action and I think most acted reasonable for the time period, general mindset and circumstances.

Aggregator gang
The grammar does get better to the point it seems more proffesional incase anyone is put of by the bad grammar at first.

I remember reading this when the first chapter came out. Glad to see it's still going strong.

@SovietWeeb That's a lie. The translation grammar is as bad at the start as it is at the middle and end so far. Only difference is that as you continue to read, your brain rots to the point that you stop caring.

Dex-chan lover
ME @ch16 - wow! no more of that annoying intro spam page..
LATER - wtf is that blob of text? is that included in manga?
MUCH LATER - why do i feel like the more i read this.. the more of my braincells are dying.. ?

Fed-Kun's army
@Yukiechi why the hell do elitist readers always complain on the tranlations that are decent enough, when there are some that are literally unreadable and no one seems to care?

See, the nobles who have met Kaoru have changed their view (at least a little bit).
Also: "Let's tell mom/Kaoru!" XD

@BloodySorcerer Because no avid English reader could one can get into series translated like that. The few following those probably don't understand English well enough to know anything is wrong to begin with.

On that note, remember the random/nogroup scanlator had done chapter 10 (now deleted)? What we felt when reading that bloody hell is what the complainers feel when their is a small grammar mistake.

Aggregator gang
url

is this every woman fantasy ? a stupid concept of world where any man is a fool that got no brain and just want to chase a woman and power?

nah im still with my fantasy about my video game

I can't believe she's going to ex-communist the priests of the hold country.
"What's wrong with our doing?"

I wonder if this is what it's like to have a stroke.

Dex-chan lover
I'm left to believe that the girl has solid communication with the goddess now that everyone just outright buys whatever she says. Like really, how is this entrenched group gets rattled by an outlandish claim? They aren't a newly established organization that has weak foundations that they'd be shock to hear what she says. Have a little more faith in your readers, will you? Everything is one-sided, it's killing my interest.

its not that the translation is horrible, its that the translator doesn't have a proof-reader or editor that is fluent in English who can fix mistakes in grammar and fix other errors. a good example is, in chapter 17.2 it should be ex-communicated instead of ex-communist which doesn't make sense. some of the issues are pretty minor but there are also some that require mental gymnastics to figure out or are just plain frustrating to read, id say the translator is doing a pretty good job for someone who i assume is doing it solo. the latest chapters are alot easier to read than some of the early ones so at least there is improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread