I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 11 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
Suzuki never went through the mental anguish Yoshida did by virtue of him already being a father, meanwhile it took months for Yoshida just to realize that his feelings to Sayu is familial.
That being said, Nothing is holding Sayu from having feelings towards Yoshida after she graduates and leave her house for real. But I hope Yoshida ends up with Gotou instead.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, so where is the ending? I feel the MC will just guilt trip himself into being a patsy for his Ex and pretend to still be with her. In the meantime, FMC goes home and does the good familial daughter routine she fled from. Drop curtain, run credits.

The problem is that the author, intentional or not, built a romantic and granted relatively taboo (for Japan) tension between the protagonists. Now that's getting all tossed overboard in less than five chapters. Seems damned unsatisfying to me, from a closure perspective. Lesson learned - don't shave and pick up a j/k off the streets unless you're prepared to become a substitute parent. Meh.

Dex-chan lover
Now that's getting all tossed overboard in less than five chapters. Seems damned unsatisfying to me, from a closure perspective. Lesson learned - don't shave and pick up a j/k off the streets unless you're prepared to become a substitute parent. Meh.
It might be a good idea to wait for the ending to happen before discussing the ending.

MD@Home
I'm not complaining, but to be honest, Gotou's past felt kinda forced and unnecessary.
Tell me about it. After people mentioned in the comment sections of way earlier chapters that Gotou might be acting so weirdly with Yoshida (rejecting him, then getting jealous) because she also ran away from home when she was young, I was expecting something more... meaningful than this.

She basically experienced Sayu's journey in "easy mode": she was found by a normal guy right away, spent a few weeks lazing around, then went home. Sure, she also fell in love, but that fact had very little effect on the actual events. Also, her motivation was simply bizarre. Not sure what to make of this.

Dex-chan lover
Uh...I don't think your experience, motivations or family situation are comparable, Gotou.

And damn. Imagine what a spit to the face hearing that would feel like to somebody who didn't get the SSR gacha pull of a standup teacher with a supportive, understanding family being the first and only ones to take you in (entertaining your impulsive act against boredom for an entire month even despite the possibility of catching a kidnapping charge).

Dex-chan lover
Uh...I don't think your experience, motivations or family situation are comparable, Gotou.

And damn. Imagine what a spit to the face hearing that would feel like to somebody who didn't get the SSR gacha pull of a standup teacher with a supportive, understanding family being the first and only ones to take you in (entertaining your impulsive act against boredom for an entire month even despite the possibility of catching a kidnapping charge).
It's not a competition, Gotou's using her past experiences to find some common ground with Sayu, then they empathize with eachoter and Sayu will lister to what Gotou has to say.
It's a common strategy to make it so that kids and teens listen to you, show them that you are capable of empathy and you can somewhat understand them (Even if you can't understand them, but you know better, you're an adult and they need guidance).

And it seems like Gotou hit the nail in the head with Sayu trying to run away from life and from what she is. But because of reasons and personal philosophies discussed in the last like 40 chapters of this manga, we know that Sayu can't run away from her past and she needs to face it.

Also, the reason for Gotou to be acting strange with Yoshida may not have anything to do with her past experiences or anything like that. Maybe that's just her personality and she can be both that kind of woman and empathic to the feelings of a lost highschool girl, because real people's morality is not a RPG table but a fuck-ton of shades of grey.

Dex-chan lover
women are retarded, this manga wants to gaslight everyone by showing it kind of straight on, and then telling us it's not retarded
this was my first manga once upon a time but ive seen enough

the solution is fathers and husbands make their choices for them, regardless of age, everyone's happy, the end

Dex-chan lover
Suzuki never went through the mental anguish Yoshida did by virtue of him already being a father, meanwhile it took months for Yoshida just to realize that his feelings to Sayu is familial.
That being said, Nothing is holding Sayu from having feelings towards Yoshida after she graduates and leave her house for real. But I hope Yoshida ends up with Gotou instead.
Gotou or the kouhai.. just any of those two is ok.

But at least Suzuki is a good example on how to deal with this situation. Gotou is lucky

Gotou’s journey was basically the vanilla ver to Sayu’s pg18. If I was Sayu I would have been a little bit pissed cause she basically got lucky from the getgo while I had to deal with circumstances no highschool girl should go through.
Suzuki’s pretty nice and stupid, not only did he go out of his way to save a complete stranger but let her stay in his home where he has a wife and a young daughter, couldnt be me tho, I would never take that risk, its not about being a dck but about responsibility, my family comes first, I aint gonna take that risk for a stranger no matter how sizable those oogabooga’s are.

Users who are viewing this thread