I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 8 Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
Man, I literally can't read those darkened pages 😭😭😭

Translation and writing font are just so horrible to read that my headache started.

Dex-chan lover
@aniscans Thanks for the chapter!

I found some typos and minor mistakes while reading:

Page 3 - bottom right - "It'll be too much hassale to go home and cook, so I'll grab something near the station."

Hassale should be hassle, also I believe you should use the present tense in the first part of this sentence "It's too much hassle" I may remember wrong from my English classes but I think you're not supposed to use the future tense twice in the same sentence like that, if I'm wrong please ignore this and just correct the typo!

Page 9 - bottom - "To be honest, if some had taken Sayu-chan, it wasn't my concern."

I believe the correct form here would be "To be honest, if some had taken Sayu-chan, it wouldn't be my concern." or any other form not in the past tense.

Page 23 - bottom right - "Is he just a kind person to you or is there a romantic feeling involved?"

Here you should use any, turning the sentence like this: "Is he just a kind person to you or are there any romantic feelings involved?"

Page 24 - bottom left - "They will takye you back without having you achived anything."

They should be take and achieved.

Page 26 - bottom right - "I'm truly a bad persion"

It should be person.

Page 28 - bottom left "It's suppose tobe aspecial and valuable bond."

The sentence should be "It's supposed to be a special and valuable bond." also the next sentence feels weird, I would see can being a better fit here than must, but I don't know the original sentence in Japanese so I can't tell.

Page 29 - "When you will realize, it will be too late."

Again here with the double future tense, I believe the sentence should be "When you realize it, it will be too late".

Page 38 - The text shown on the phone screen is in a different language.

In the end it's a good job, most stuff are just minor typos: sometimes after you have been working on a chapter for a long time it's just better to have someone else read it a couple of times, they will have an easier time than you at spotting the mistakes or notice if there are sentences that don't flow too well (there are a couple, but nothing unreadable).
More importantly tho, I will unite with the chorus of people talking about the font type: while this is a very nice one, unfortunately the priority here is to have the reader being able to read through the chapter with ease, so the simpler the font the better!

Again, thanks for the chapter and sorry for the long reply!

Dex-chan lover
Is there a LN for this?
I just wanna find out if it has a manga ending or a good ending.

MD@Home
Is there a LN for this?
I just wanna find out if it has a manga ending or a good ending.
Yes, the original was a LN, but there was also and anime adaptation that basically covered everything. The ending was a trainwreck, though perhaps also because of a lack of (screen)time to resolve all side plots. It's hard to say.

@aniscans Thanks for the chapter!

I found some typos and minor mistakes while reading:

Page 3 - bottom right - "It'll be too much hassale to go home and cook, so I'll grab something near the station."

Hassale should be hassle, also I believe you should use the present tense in the first part of this sentence "It's too much hassle" I may remember wrong from my English classes but I think you're not supposed to use the future tense twice in the same sentence like that, if I'm wrong please ignore this and just correct the typo!

Page 9 - bottom - "To be honest, if some had taken Sayu-chan, it wasn't my concern."

I believe the correct form here would be "To be honest, if some had taken Sayu-chan, it wouldn't be my concern." or any other form not in the past tense.

Page 23 - bottom right - "Is he just a kind person to you or is there a romantic feeling involved?"

Here you should use any, turning the sentence like this: "Is he just a kind person to you or are there any romantic feelings involved?"

Page 24 - bottom left - "They will takye you back without having you achived anything."

They should be take and achieved.

Page 26 - bottom right - "I'm truly a bad persion"

It should be person.

Page 28 - bottom left "It's suppose tobe aspecial and valuable bond."

The sentence should be "It's supposed to be a special and valuable bond." also the next sentence feels weird, I would see can being a better fit here than must, but I don't know the original sentence in Japanese so I can't tell.

Page 29 - "When you will realize, it will be too late."

Again here with the double future tense, I believe the sentence should be "When you realize it, it will be too late".

Page 38 - The text shown on the phone screen is in a different language.

In the end it's a good job, most stuff are just minor typos: sometimes after you have been working on a chapter for a long time it's just better to have someone else read it a couple of times, they will have an easier time than you at spotting the mistakes or notice if there are sentences that don't flow too well (there are a couple, but nothing unreadable).
More importantly tho, I will unite with the chorus of people talking about the font type: while this is a very nice one, unfortunately the priority here is to have the reader being able to read through the chapter with ease, so the simpler the font the better!

Again, thanks for the chapter and sorry for the long reply!
Thanks for your generous opinion friend. Fans like you keep us alive--we will try to release next chapter in a better shape. we are a new team and we are shorthanded, so there may be some minor mistakes but you are an awesome fan who supported us from the bottom of your heart. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WE APPRECIATE IT.

Definitely a huge step up from the previous chapter, Still a long way to go though. The suddenly dark pages, overall the pages are rather dark but Im not sure if that's an issue from the spanish translation or not. The typesetting could still use some work, though I know it can be hard to find the bests font and fit it in text boxes without it feeling off, most of them were fine but some were still pretty bad, like words being pushed together to much or the text being in the corner of the bubbles. And the grammar/phrasing is still off in places. Again though, overall it's much better so good job.

Dex-chan lover
When they shelter a girl who ran away from home, they're kind-hearted, but when I do it I'm a kidnapper and get sent to jail. Double standards I tell ya :huh:
Well, a significant part of the manga's plot is precisely that - if it's found out Yoshida's sheltering Sayu, there's a high chance to end up in jail for him.

everyone thinks it's normal that you would hide a girl from her family and even help her hide things from the man providing for her.
in reality it's crazy and evil, and will someday again be seen that way
it's crazy and evil to shelter a girl whose parents are forcing her into something she doesn't want... k bud

Well, a significant part of the manga's plot is precisely that - if it's found out Yoshida's sheltering Sayu, there's a high chance to end up in jail for him.
I think he's worried about being viewed as some sorta perv/pedo for taking in a high school girl he doesn't know, but otherwise I don't think there's a problem

Dex-chan lover
I think he's worried about being viewed as some sorta perv/pedo for taking in a high school girl he doesn't know, but otherwise I don't think there's a problem
On numerous occasions in the manga different characters mention that if the popo learns about their setup, he's going behind the bars for kidnapping.

On numerous occasions in the manga different characters mention that if the popo learns about their setup, he's going behind the bars for kidnapping.
I can't say I remember what you're referring to, nor am I interested in rereading the entire story just to verify this, but even if that was true, that doesn't make any sense. sayu is willingly and voluntarily living with yoshida. unless Japanese law is completely different about how they define "kidnapping", I don't see how it would count

Aggregator gang
:notlikethis: This isn't fair. When he shaves he picks up high schooler. But when I shave I get mistaken as middle schooler :qq:
Well, maybe you should get thankful because of that young face.

I'm still young, but at the outside, people talk to me like I'm already have kids :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
I can't say I remember what you're referring to, nor am I interested in rereading the entire story just to verify this, but even if that was true, that doesn't make any sense. sayu is willingly and voluntarily living with yoshida. unless Japanese law is completely different about how they define "kidnapping", I don't see how it would count
Basically, the logic used is: she's a minor, so her legal guardians are the only ones who can make such decisions. Since they are against it and she's not sui juris, it's a crime on his part.

Basically, the logic used is: she's a minor, so her legal guardians are the only ones who can make such decisions. Since they are against it and she's not sui juris, it's a crime on his part.
I see, that makes sense then

Users who are viewing this thread