I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all above me need to stop arguing. The story was good but not a masterpiece by any means, art wasn't great, plot was too short, and so on. In particular I was expecting to see the two actually die and have a tombstone, something to show that they're gone. Because until I actually see them die, I can't know if the death-buying business is legitimate or not.

In regards to the plot, it felt too idealistic. A talented guy ends up in unfortunate circumstances which drive him into a coercive business agreement. A cute girl shows up in his life and just by doing everyday things swoons her over. This is generic stuff, the opposite of a deep story. Honestly the best aspect was the other people around the couple being brightened up. That's, contrary to the message of the story, legacy, since maybe someone else who was thinking of selling their life will see the more joyful aspects of life that were hidden by tunnel vision. If that's the real message then bravo, but its probably not since the characters spent all their time talking about the ephemeral nature of life.

While its a solid 7 or 8, the score of 9.45 as of writing is absurdly high.

Last edited:
Probably the best manga I’ve ever read. Although there are a lot of questions to be answered such as “who is the mastermind of the life-selling business and what they gain from it”, and “what if Miyagi didn’t sell her lifespan to die with Kusunoki”, I think those questions are better off unanswered, as they don’t help demonstrate the themes to be recognized in this manga. Truly a masterpiece.

the first manga that made me cry

edit: what did she whisper to kusunoki while he was sleeping? I don't remember if it was ever revealed.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is bittersweet, it has sad and happy atmosphere. The life lesson is too good, most of the lesson/story on this manga is implicit and that's what makes this manga is a 11/10, i recommend to read this on your own language (so you can feel and understand the story more). I recommend you to read this in a silent place so you can feel this masterpiece. 10/10

This manga truly amazing.
I Love it. But one thing to be missed by the author was,
Why would the heroine sold off all of the renaming life span she has, after the MC paid off all of her debt?
It's a bit weird.
Rather than sold off all of her remaining life span time excluding her last 3 days, it would be a lot better if she sold part of her life time to re-bought MC life span.
At the very least both of them could have more time for themselves, or better off they could increase the value of their live span after the re-bought again (just like what MC did) and then completely re-bought all of their lifespan again.
Isn't this smarter?
It's not like I hate the current ending, it just that I really love both this series and the couple, that I really want both of them to have more time and happiness.
the point was to be the happiest in those 3 days than any other person rather than a mediocre and more boring life had they lived longer

I will just go and say that the biggest mistake on reading this Manga is too focusing on the plot instead of the whole message.

At first after reading the end and extra chapter, I was like "Damn.... But that's it?". But luckily, the comment explain it all.

If the end, as some will say, is more longer and the extra chapter also include the fate of the other characters, I would've give this a solid 10. Before reading the comment, I'm originally want to give this an 8, but after knowing my mistake and become too touched with the message (as a person who will went through college by this date and time) I decide to give it 9 (9,3 to be exact). Tbh, the addition of 1,3 score is an "apology letter" to the author, lol.

Ok, now time to sleep.

This manga truly amazing.
I Love it. But one thing to be missed by the author was,
Why would the heroine sold off all of the renaming life span she has, after the MC paid off all of her debt?
It's a bit weird.
Rather than sold off all of her remaining life span time excluding her last 3 days, it would be a lot better if she sold part of her life time to re-bought MC life span.
At the very least both of them could have more time for themselves, or better off they could increase the value of their live span after the re-bought again (just like what MC did) and then completely re-bought all of their lifespan again.
Isn't this smarter?
It's not like I hate the current ending, it just that I really love both this series and the couple, that I really want both of them to have more time and happiness.
Cause lifespan can’t be rebought. You sell it, your life thus changes. Whatever the value becomes is due to this sale. Rebuying it would need the worls and your life to go back how it was before you sold.

Users who are viewing this thread