I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@elezend

You are a good brother bro, nice work

Or maybe good big sister? I assume you are a brother because anime implanted that idea on me XD

So instead of her father tearing the monastery down she decided to let the Duke do it? Lmao

@GodGinrai I checked the uploader profile and there's just two chapters, each one from a different manwha. Stop being dramatic.

Double-page supporter
@elezend It's certainly not fast, but it's hardly as long as the wait on other series. This isn't a question of morality, it's a matter of common courtesy. If you are really bothered by the rate of release, why not contact the scanlators who were already working on the project and see if there was anything you could do (including taking over the project, if you wanted) to help shorten the time between releases? But you're not doing that, you're just stoking the fires of resentment.

This translation is not good. I will wait for the other group to post their chapter.

Double-page supporter
@beazacha So we have to wait until they've made this into a habit before we point out that it is in bad taste? That's like waiting until someone's failed their fifth job interview before you point out to them that their resume could use some fixing up, despite being aware of this fact beforehand.

Group Leader
@GodGinrai

I don't understand why will there be fires of resentment?

I don't want to be under any group because it involves too many processes and I prefer doing this solo for my sister.
I am uploading this just in case if there's someone else in the same situation.

If they want to have better quality, they can wait for the other group.

Readers can make their own decision.
There's no point is making drama out of this.

It feels like the dude already knows her whole shtick and just “uno reverse card”ing everything she throws at him

Double-page supporter
@elezend Scanlators are fickle people, unfortunately. If someone ignores that they already are working a series, a lot of scanlators will just drop, leaving the readers in a lurch. Is that good behavior on their part? No. But the fact of the matter is that this behavior is commonplace, and when you do what you are doing, you are risking this happening to each series you are working on. It's only the readers who end up getting hurt by this.

Group Leader
@GodGinrai

I don't think Somnolent Dog Scans is a petty group with fickle scanlators.

You can check out previously uploaded English chapters. scuffed fansubs uploaded first and yet they still upload their own version afterwards.

I think you are going a bit off topic. This is the comment section to discuss about the manhwa and not drama.

Why not just share it with your sister and not upload here? I mean, I'm only curious, bc I see a lot of "I know there can be mistakes and I only did a bit of editing bla bla bla" translations and I always wonder why people share their work on a manga site and not just on their blog, when they know it's not that good and there are people who do it a lot better? + The fact that it's KR->CH->EN translation and you are not a native speaker already give us some info about the quality.

P.S I'm actually not against the alternative translations when it's done from the first ch, not from the last released one. So, I'll wait for an alternative and support Somnolent Dog Scans.

But it's internet, so it's not like someone can stop you from doing it lol

Double-page supporter
@elezend Actually, discussing the circumstances of the release is ontopic for these comment sections. Otherwise any comments on the typesetting, translation, or other aspects of a translation would always be considered offtopic.

Even if Somnolent Dog Scans don't drop it, you are still creating a precedent of doing this kind of thing that others may follow to create exactly the situation that I previously described.

Oh my god scanlation drama again. Just let people upload whenever they want. You're all illegally doing the translations anyway (and we're illegally reading them lol). I can understand why you would be mad when someone snipes but it's not like you own the series anyway.

Just upload your translation once it's done. It's not a competition. I'm not sure why people find it such a big deal to think they'd let other people see the drama. Settle this with yourselves in DMs like civilzed people.

How did that netcomics logo get down there at the end of the chapter? Isn't netcomi an american company? This isnt licensed by them either last i checked. Edit: i checked the chinese raw and its there too so im even more confused now

Translation seemed fine to me, idk what y'all about. Thanks for the chapter kind person!

And for people claiming there's immorality involved in uploading chapters of "claimed" series and how they are setting a precedent for people to mimic:
a) All translations on this platform are illegal and therefore immoral, so rlly, what u on about?
b) a small time translator who did 1 chapter once won't rlly affect the whole sniping phenomenon that's been going on for ages. Why don't you go after big time scanlation groups instead of targeting this person eh?

@GodGinrai you already made your point, so it would be nice if you end this discussion
right now the more you do the witchhunt, the more starting hobbyst translators get fed up with the whole thing and there is potential lose for us, readers, in any new series they might have chosen to translate in the future if they still enjoyed doing so
there is not just one-yours point of view
there is as many of them as there are people, ok?

Double-page supporter
@StanHmms If you actually read what I had posted, you would see that I specifically claimed that it wasn't a question of immorality. Good job, tho', trying to suggest that all translations on this platform are illegal despite many being done with the authors' express consent. Also, many of you keep assuming that this will be 1 chapter and they won't do any more; That remains to be seen. They could easily keep releasing chapters for multiple series and this is just the start. As for "going after big time scanlation groups", they normally don't step on each others' feet like this and you can bet that I comment when I see them pull something like this as well.

@kryokori You talk about potential loss, but many scanlation groups have broken apart or just straight up quit because of the rampant sniping that has started to take place. How is that not loss?

@elezend I hope you haven't gotten too much hate for this. At the end of the day Mangadex is a tight-knit community with certain unwritten rules and people are protective over their favourite scanlation teams.

While I prefer to wait for Somnolent's version, I'm sure many people will still like to spoil themselves first with your translations. I hope your sister enjoys the series :)

Group Leader
@yannickq and everyone else, I'm fine and thank you.

I won't feel bad just because of one person since I've received kinds words from everyone else ^^.

I hope you guys enjoyed the translation as much as my sister does!

Users who are viewing this thread