I Stole the Male Lead's First Night

Group Leader
@frenchfry19

"I can forgive rape, blackmail and threats but lying is too too far"
-Frebchfry19 2021

@sopya_aa

NOOOOO DOMT BLAME THE HOT RAPIST ITS THE VICTIMS FAULT FOR TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM HIM. RIPLEY SHOULD FOGROVE HIM SO WE CAN SEE THE HOT SEXY SEX BETWEEN THEM AND I CAN SELF INSERT AND PRETEND RIPLEY IS ME HAVING SEX WITH THE DUJE

@theilikepie
i mean, i agree. in real life, this would be rape. but since it's a webtoon and the author didn't intend that scene to be taken this way, i'm gonna ignore it, but that doesn't mean i'm okay with it. for me their whole ass relationship is toxic and i'm considering dropping this after what i've seen so far.

@theilikepie @cnd i didnt mean it like that though? i apologize for it coming across like that. i dont blame ripley for trying to get away from him but what she did was unnecessary and pretty traumatizing. they could have talked it out, had a sensible conversation and closed the case that way. it didnt sit well with me that they started with rape and it followed with the duke's consistent blackmailing (bc all that is pretty traumatizing too) but i wanted to see if he'll express regret and apologize for his actions later on in the story (been reading this since the beginning; which he has not). i only paid attention to ripley's actions in my comment because (i think and for me) thats the elephant in the room rn.

that being said, i still learned from the both of you and will keep in mind these points of view. again, i apologize for making it seem that way. /gen /srs

cnd

@sopya_aa You good, babe. It just frustrates me when his actions are being deemed as something that can be over looked, whereas Ripley is being painted as a monster for what she did. It's very reminiscent of "boys will be boys" and girls and women are left to be the responsible ones that get the brunt of the blame. What he did is significantly worse and I don't really blame Ripley for going so far considering he straight up was threatening her life if she tried to break up anyways. Even if it's not viewed as problematic in the story, it 100% is and it's important for those of us that realize it to call it out. Cuz the fact is, plenty of people who read these stories are not adults and if this behavior is normalized for them, well... I think you can see where I'm going with this?

@cnd yes, i completely understand. thank you for sharing your views and i do share the same! i did forget that he threatened her life and did not consider that there are users in this site that are at a very impressionable age and, of course, thats on me. on that note, thank you for reminding me lol

Initially, in this comment, I weighed in on the vigorous debate down at the bottom. However, rather than get pulled into an unwanted debate for a story I'd like to still enjoy, I'd rather leave a review.

Despite this being a josei aimed at women, this has quirky vibes reminiscent of old fashioned shoujo. This is a refreshing and lighthearted story that I did not think I would enjoy as much as I did.

The setting of this book seems very much a shoujo one and the art style further adds to it, giving it that charming old fashioned shoujo vibe, but there's a certain degree maturity in the way topics like trauma are dealt with. It has a certain deftness that makes it suitable for josei.

The main character, Ripley, does give off
some Bakarina vibes, but the emotional depth given to her grounds her character in a way I rarely see in stories of this genre. Usually, you don't see their emotional issues from their former lives brought up in such a sympathetic and mature way.

She is warm hearted, silly, and a little immature, but she's also someone who thinks of others. In short, if you want a more perfect heroine with lots of resources and who tried to approach her problems strategically, then you won't find it here. Ripley is in some ways, a traditional protagonist. She is forgiving, good hearted, and stands up for herself and others when she has to. This is a heroine that tries to think of others.

The original male lead is exactly as advertised. He is cold hearted and seems to lack a certain degree of common sense when it comes to human relations. He is certainly as emotionally stunted as portrayed and as expected, it's due to his past. However, he is not without a heart and we see his genuine warmth come to the surface when it comes to the main character. The difference between the warmth of his feelings for Ripley and his usual self made this experienced reader's heart skip a beat.

The original protagonist is also not a bitch in sheep's clothing like you are used to seeing in books with this premise. In reality, she is a good hearted and modest girl, exactly as advertised. She is a supportive friend...and also more suited for the second male lead, who is a warm hearted, caring, and handsome man that volunteers at the local orphanage. The main character even comments on the second male lead syndrome she got when she read the book.

For me, reading this feels like a fun romp through a childhood storybook. It's mostly lighthearted, humorous, and sympathetic to others, but has some depth to it. Since I've experienced severe traumas countless times in my life and all the severe consequences that came with it, it is very nice to read a story where the world is forgiving of your mistakes. As of the 27th chapter, definitely recommend.

Don’t forget to support the FREE english release on webtoon! A quick re-read and/or a heart can go a long way to supporting a webtoon/author you love! <3

Aggregator gang
oo i keep finding webtoons i started reading on the official site in my "read later" list here,
this one is super great the ml is so swoon worthy lol

@forget_it I like the way you described the story, it feels true to what I saw and read. As a veteran reader myself I have to say I walked in expecting a generic, annoying story with the same plot holes and baselessness as many others in the transmigration genre. I didn't expect the emotional grounding and attention to detail. Though it doesn't really pay much of any attention to the effect of politics on the story and I do have a few qualms about the way their relationship started, I find the read enjoyable and can't wait to find out where this is going. I'd assume the main story should have rapped up by now but it does seem like they're extending it for whatever reason. Here's hoping it continues to be as good as it is now

the main girl is low key pissing me off with how she is getting into her feelings from the things she literally started. lol, I like the characters but not much is going on so I don't know for now. Im just enjoying the light read I guess

the sheer stupidity of Ripley is starting to annoy me
it was endearing and humorous at first but now?? girl, grow up already.

Wee

The MC is stupid.
Does it even make any sense to pawn off your lover to a friend [\spoiler]. I can't believe she was a person living in a modern age she's acting lizard brain stupid.

Wee

The MC is stupid.
Does it even make any sense to pawn off your lover to a friend [\spoiler]. I can't believe she was a person living in a modern age she's acting lizard brain stupid.

She doesn't deserve him at all... Who cares about the dude who is stalking her friend? Like dude, she lives in big ass mansion with guards, she can just choose someone to chase him out..
I was rooting for her but now I just want her to be alone and miserable...

Yeah umm seriously not a fan of the FL right now.
So you feel weird seeing them together? Guess who is responsible for this? I honestly don't see the issue here which requires her nosey behaviour? Why bother with all this for no reason? Are you that bored of your life? Was nearly dying by being pushed into lake/sea/ocean/whatever not enough for you? At least that issue had something to do with you.
There's a fine line between helping a friend and intrusion/control over their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread