I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@plsnobully that would be helluva twist. But it's a very small possibility by looking at how the sister react to the hankerchief.

Prologue + 59 ch for wn. No idea about the plot, though.

And hm, I feel more compelled to follow this since it's the "villainess" herself doing the time leap instead of modern know-it-all coming to rescue.

I remember reading this in web novel but honestly i don't remember much beside the premise
its a cookie cutter of every villlainess web novel genre you can read

Dex-chan lover
So far liking this...and yulan might be an interesting love interest

Fed-Kun's army
omg being a nun actually sounds super chill. I hope she just does that next chapter and the series ends.

Aggregator gang
oh noooo!! not nun pls i want her to have a cute loving family with yulan

Contributor
Yulan best guy, so far it's not even funny.

I hope we will see him a lot.

Double-page supporter
@plsnobully I hope not. I'd rather the sister realize how horrible everyone is treating the MC and choose not to associate with the prince, her father, et al.

Then we can watch them all flounder in their guilt. >:)

Fed-Kun's army
I really liked the start but it became too positive too fast. I wanted the series to have that sort of depressing tone to it, without any cheating involved. Also isn't the love route way too obvious?
How on earth can MC start to sympathize with her father despite the grudge she held during her entire imprisonment? Yeah maybe he had it rough but that does not excuse the way he treated her and his former wife. He humiliated her, especially in a medieval setting, and left his own daughter alone with what he perceived to be a mad woman. He shamelessly returns after she has passed away and in no point in time does he try to be a real father to her. As a father he should have tried to understand her instead of calling her a spoiled brat

Dex-chan lover
@mommy

It definitely feels like her mindset changed too much. From hating to the point of murder to developing empathy towards those she hated, there's a big gap.

To be fair, she spent some time imprisoned, doing sewing work and mulling over her mistakes. During that time, it appears that she wasn't consumed by her hatred. She faced the death penalty, then life imprisonment and then exhausted herself in prison. Perhaps she no longer had the energy to hate and this left her to consider that perhaps she should never have have followed that path in the first place.

It's not like it is all that positive though. She clearly does not wish to spend any time with her father's new family and has a defeatist attitude. Moreover, she is a noble lady and yet what she sees as a solution to her problem is to become a nun and avoid everything? That's pretty dark.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kireato It is pretty dark but right in the middle of the chapter we get to meet Yulan and a heartwarming atmosphere emerges. We also see that the prince really isn't worth it at all cause he seems to have built his bias against her. It doesn't look like he cares about her, so she is better off without him. I hate how the father behaves but I can see a reason why he does it that way. He had his share of troubles and thinks that she is a spoilt brat. Maybe he thinks that he has to be strict with her? With her sympathizing with him he might be convinceable and maybe he is or might be in the future looking after her his own way (which I still hate).
All in all I see enough indicators that tell me, that the story is going to go down a happier route. I guess I lost myself ranting a bit too much.

@plsnobully

Actually for once I think the little sister isn't evil and a honest to god good girl. Too bad the dad is an absolute shit and Vio kinda inherit that attitude from him (Her dad resent her for being the result of a political marriage and she resent her sister for being the result of mistress. Misdirected anger all around.) so on the first round she bullies Maryjun while Mary seems to want nothing more than being loved by her sister.

I like that Violette is a really flawed girl and unlike in other stories, she really is a bully who wants to redo her life. Maybe it's not for an entirely unselfish reason, but she knows her own mistakes and the story doesn't try to sweep it away or blame everything on Mary either (A lot of the villainess manga usually went to the heroine is the real evil and never even mentioned the past life bullying). Hope they keep this up and doesn't just dump it all on the second chapter

Dex-chan lover
@GodGinrai @GreenDragon it was a baseless assumption on my part since that's how all the Otome game villainess roles play out, but yeah as you said it's no isekai and not exactly the same setting so here's to hoping it doesn't go that way

Dex-chan lover
For the first chapter it was pretty great! Story's a bit sad though.. Well I guess that's shoujo manga for you...

Dex-chan lover
get-thee-too-a-nunnery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread