I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Well, I will root for either the childhood friend or the sister Maryjun XDDD Either way, I would be satisfied<33 XDD A Vio & Maryjun sister bonding ending is fine too.
I'm sad though, that the prince is not interested in Maryjun at all...no matter which world, her personality seems to be the same? Still a really nice and good girl with a big heart.

The fact that she used to go after the price because she believed she could be happy if the prince choose her kinda depressing

Huh, this chapter is very different from the WN. VERY different. The WN was already rather dark and depressing compared to the manga. But the events of this third chapter are now a complete departure from the WN as I don't remember them from the WN at all. Kinda needed to considering chapter 2 already breezed through half the WN give or take, but I wasn't really expecting the manga to do original stuff this early on.

Some WN differences.

Violette was supposed to work with Claudia for a bit before leaving with him. Yulan is waiting by the school gates for Violette and gets jealous when he sees Claudia with her. Yuran had already threatened Claudia by this point (skipped in the manga) and things are awkward between them while Violette doesn't really notice. Strong yandere tones from Yuran as he alternates between acting like a puppy in front of Violette while glaring and intimidating Claudia when Violette isn't looking. Violette leaves with Yuran while Yuran wonders whether giving up on Violette would make her happiest.

WN Violette would also never willingly spend more time with Maryjun. Maryjun is a reminder of all the things she can never have. Violette actively tries to spend as little time with Maryjun as she can without appearing rude (though Maryjun has decided she likes Violette and keeps inviting Violette everywhere). Violette doesn't hate Maryjun, but being with her is just painful (see my chapter 2 comments about her home life to understand). Manga Violette offering to teach Maryjun like that is altogether different from WN Violette and is an excellent example of just how different manga Violette is from the WN Violette.

Also, Marin making food for Maryjun? What? Marin dislikes Maryjun because Maryjun makes Violette sad. Marin is extremely loyal to Violette (and possibly in love with her as well) and wouldn't make food for Maryjun like that. Heck, Marin isn't even a chef, she's a maid! The family definitely has a chef as Marin brings meals made by the chef to Violette a lot (Violette eats separately since her dad ignores or bad mouths her if she eats with them, the chef helps as the servants know Violette's situation and even though they can't really help without getting fired by her dad they do what little they can). Why would Violette's maid who Violette rescued from starvation as a child and knows everything Violette has been through make food for Maryjun instead of the chef whose job it is to actually make food? Not really a big deal, but just struck me as rather off. Maybe a hint that things are going to be very different in the manga? Certainly Marin has had much less of a presence in the manga so far compared to the WN.

Fed-Kun's army
I like that her actions naturally affected the outcome in both timelines:

-When she pestered the prince time and again, he was annoyed. But the moment she stops doing it, it suddenly picks his interest. Typical gain-loss effect.

-When she bullied her half-sister, it made everyone want to protect her, attracting the prince's attention. But now that she's just trying to keep her distance and be strict, but fair, Maryjun probably sees her as the "cool, reliable older sister". No wonder she's clinging to her.

Contributor
Yeah no, fuck the prince, he lost his chance.

When she was interested in him, he acted like a ass and even recently threatened her, and now he miss/like her because she don't want to be with him again ?

I will take anything over a prince route.

Aggregator gang
@PersonaJXT thanks for spoilers, WN looks quite interesting and much more reasonable. MC's changes all over the place in the manga. Though I'm glad that manga is more light hearted - ain't both stories enjoyable ^_^

@Siquall MC before was a broken selfish person (due to all that drama but still), who'd blame prince for avoiding her.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone probably sees Violette as an Accepting and kinda Doting older sister

@PersonaJXT i think the fact that manga is actually almost catch up with wn (except flashback) made the author only use the character, not the plot. though i expect it because this manga try to take a comedy route since ch 1. i agree and i prefer wn's character depth.

tbh i doubt yulan go yandere in this one

Hmm... when a source material is that different, is it still a spoiler anymore?

That said, when adaptions don't follow the source material, then it usually becomes terrible. But so far this hasn't, however I do feel something something was loss. It's funny for me to say that since I love Bakarina and pretty much series that have been following its tone (though technically this one is not an otome-based game nor an isekai) - and not to knock on the the others by implying they are carbon copy knock-offs either. But a serious and somber tone is just one hell different approach that the others has not done. Not to mention the greater dissonance because the original source is darker as this is a second chance rewind after jealousy-driven attempted murder creating a guilt-ridden MC that is just grateful to just not be rotting in jail (much less wishing for greater happiness) versus reincarnated MCs with foreknowledge of their future.

Since it's romance, I guess we won't get my prefered VioxGod ship. -sad- Nun!Vio is best girl, though!

Contributor
The only acceptable pairing is Vio x childhood friend. Even better if the prince tries to get her to start liking him again and she dumps his ass.

Also I'm dying for a new chapter; it's been 2 months so at this point there's a fair chance it could be a long time before the next update.

Double-page supporter
Yeah heroine put a "you desire want what you can't have pull for the prince" A great classic.

Fed-Kun's army
dropping for now, this chapter set the pace for the entire series, and the translator doesnt care so whatever. Even if there was 50 chapters I might not continue it.

Dex-chan lover
Looks to me that in the past cycle, the prince started to like the sister because she had the same mindset as him in regards to justice.
But since MC has changed the princes perspective regarding prejudice, the prince is now more interested in the MC rather then the sister who he no longer shares a view point with

Meo

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why people are hating on the Prince so much. Yes, at the party he jumped to conclusions, but I believe those conclusions based on her previous interactions with him are justified. She was a jealous psycho and she ONLY wanted him as a TROPHY HUSBAND.

Users who are viewing this thread