I Tamed a Tyrant and Ran Away - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

@Lexina as what the othr person said. And she didn't have personal experiences or relationships in those 400 years. So there aren't that many memories that could overwrite her past ones. Of course it'd still be absurd if she remembers a lot of things and details, unless they show her have some really really good memory.

I know she had a bad life and all that - but she seems a tad bit like a Mary Sue at this point. I don't feel for these cold and stoic protagonists. Ultimately, it's just not relatable for someone to command others in such an unbalanced way. It's not BAD. It just takes me out of the story.

@edma
Yeah, and emotions don't work that way too, not everyone cares if their parents acknowledges them as it depends on the person and how they react. She already realizes at an early age her father hates her existence (CH. 19-20) and no longer goes where he does.
Im not saying its alright to let them die, but after reading forward she was protecting people who wouldn't even think twice to protect her. In that time she became the sword they showed no concern as to where she disappeared to. Her brother is a knight and her father a duke they have access to the palace and they still aren't asking if she's alive. At some point in her life even after they fail to acknowledge her and have concern for her she should have just used her limitless power and get out. I'm just saying with all the character background they gave charlize its ridiculous how she couldn't even think of a way to use her resources.

Aggregator gang
Thank you, APS!! You guys are so fast like always 😆

Umm Is the Duke's daughter called 'princess'? Or did I miss something? Not really good at English, so, yeah..😅

@NinkNikkita I think it'll make more sense if they used 'lady'. But because this is a translation from Korean, they used 'princess' as it is the closes translation from Korean to English.

Double-page supporter
Damn, she's ruthless now.
That's the type of girl I like as the MC. No playing mind games, just cut to the chase... and their throats as well.

you'd think 400 years of torture would teach her some forgiveness for 'small' offenses from the maids. (the offenses are small comparative to what the emperor did to her). idk what i expected from this, but this doesnt seem like a personality of someone who had lived for 400 years

If i had to train to use sword, i would have, probably, a bulky muscle on both of my arm. But why every character of genius sword girl in manhwa is depicted as small, slim body. Its not fair. They should have at least proper arm size to swing the sword haha.
At least, so far, the chara design that is quite realistic is the "king and his knight" (forget the full title) . She has realistic body design with lots of scars and calluses as well.

@entibity they are only asking for forgiveness to save themselves they don’t care about her. they think she’s a child and take advantage of that, she’s just doing the same thing but with her authority.

@entibity and that's exactly the thing, she lived 400 years as a sword for the most part at least. I'm pretty sure living all that time while you're treated as a tool wouldn't exactly make you forgiving lol

I fondly wish for a story where the villian has a similair backstory, a horendously abused hero who suffered for the nation's prosperity. When they finally break free, they seek the ruin of the world and can't forgive anyone for what they went through. I think it could be a very compelling story - a very sympathetic character too broken for redemption. Maybe I'll write it someday. In the meantime, this is close enough to be very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread