I Want to Eat Your Pancreas

I actually started reading one of the other works by this author and of curiosity I thought I'd check out this one as well since it was mentioned. This is one of those stories where I am glad I followed that spark of curiosity, no regrets. The pacing and atmosphere that was created was just beautiful. There's nothing fantastical or truly surprising in this story, but its charm is really more in how it's told. The content itself is simple but well executed to make more profound.

Of course like usual, I'm sure the original source material is probably the best, but I really enjoyed reading this manga and its only 10 chapters so you miles well give it a read.

There's nothing fantastical or truly surprising in this story

Really? I'd have said that the idea of world taking interest in absolutely disinterested and unsocialized person is way more out there than for example presence of supernatural in well written magical realism piece is. We all have inner frame of reference for how society works, and none for what to do with dragons or cursed watches after all. That level of psychological naivete that fails even cosmo 101 check always gets me. Typical "force the change on me" rescue fantasy for upper 20th percentile meek introvert neurotics.

Is that bad in itself? Nope. But the message is handed clumsily, and side characters never venture outside their expected introductory one dimensional cut out cardboard personas*, so reading this ends up being waste of time. It really starts falling apart around chapter five, and by the time chapter seven or eighth kicks in, it's already drowning in all around the place mediocrity. Maybe extended serialization would've helped, probably not though. Only redeeming feature here is art, which isn't even that great.

*with single exception that happened maybe two times for about 10 panels total

what a wonderful story it touches your heart . i dont regret reading it !! please if you have a spare time you need to read it !

Aggregator gang
how good is this? well i cant say exactly but i started crying in the middle of class

Just watched the movie and reread the chapter 2, I just realized that her murder was already foreshadowed.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
@Gabugab Wow, would you mind putting a spoiler tag on that? I go to the comments to gauge people's opinions on manga/see if things are worth reading, and now after being spoiled I don't really want to read this anymore. Thanks.

Very little things make me cry, I've added this to that list. The biggest thing is I was and still kind of am like he was, met a girl that helped change me and help me get through shit. She wasn't sick like this, but after dating for a year and noticing I was happy for the first time with someone, I wanted to get engaged to her because I wanted to spend all my time with her, but she was killed driving home by a drunk driver and she left behind a notebook of all the memories she had with me. Everything from first being interested, watching how I never talked to anyone, etc. It was only after she was gone I realized how much she meant to me and how much she adored me. Sad story aside, go buy this and the movie is very good too 😄 9.5/10

It's both sad and amazing how the author didn't just leave it up to the natural conclusion. If you've read that far, you'll know what I mean.

the ending felt like it was cut very short and left me dissatisfied but was a good read none the less and left we with man tears

I don't really like how the execution goes, feels like it being rushed. Neverthless, it still make me cried.

The last part when they heard her laugh was too heart-wrenching. Stop cutting the onions, dammit!

Users who are viewing this thread