I Was Summoned to Be a Saint, but Was Robbed of the Position - Ch. 6.2

Dex-chan lover
How did they not realize yet that they didn't have the Saintess. That bitch can't even heal anything and the one who said she could, was exiled/murdered. There's a limit to being foolish and living in denial.

Double-page supporter
I feel like the MC just fucked up big time. Good job wasting all that effort by leaving that bitch alone, now she'll just get back to where she was and everything is back to how it was before you went back there... Fucking hell. (Not that I know whether this happens or not, but I get the feeling this or something similar will happen, due to the face of that fake saintess near the end there.)

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna It isn't MC's fault. Her comrades wanted to blow her disguise, god knows why, so might as well put on a strong front.

At least she has foreign aid and asylum guaranteed now.

@Siikalahna While I can agree with you on a pragmatic level, I think there's a few things to consider here. First off, the charade of her being a saintess has been exposed even to the prince as well as many others, second all the good will she had gained with her lies is located within the weaker country that is going to lose the war so long as the general (whom she actively wants to be with) is alive, a war that said weaker country brought on themselves it seems, third the three of them just managed to basically fight off the entirety of the royal guards with just the four of them, so nothing short of an army will be able to take them down head on, fourth the only magic she seems to have is charm magic which doesn't affect anyone in their party, and finally MC and company are heading off to the stronger country where they have political capital and she doesn't. All these together leave her as just what MC described her in chapter one, 'a nuisance', while probably a determined one who will creep back in killing her for being a nuisance wouldn't put leave the MC as having that much higher moral standing than her given that's the biggest crime she tried to commit herself (this isn't even getting into the sort of mentality that's required to kill someone right in front of you who doesn't pose you any immediate danger).

Also, she lied about being the saintess and tried to have the actual saintess killed, the first one alone was enough to justify to many people that the MC should be killed, the second one is an act of high treason basically. If the author wanted her out of the story, rather than to keep her around for some narrative purpose later, they could have her tried and executed now that she's been exposed all without morally staining the MC's hands.

@Nunally
You're completely right, and I'm glad that Anise benefits a lot from this deal. It somewhat justifies ML's actions, at least.

It's just that her saintess powers and her magical beast is the only thing she has to fall back on. She's awfully trusting (she was willing to trust this kind priest with information that could kill her, she told this random stranger (ML) about wanting to become a refugee), and that could eventually come back to bite her.

It probably won't (since this sort of manga probably will never touch upon those plot holes), to which I mourn the opportunity.

This also means that Anise means nothing to the ML if not for her saintess powers. Should she lose it, her life of prosperity and safety is no longer guaranteed. Maybe the ML will be kindhearted enough to let her live a safe life anyways, if he doesn't kill her for knowing too much confidential information.

Not to say that her safe and prosperous life is guaranteed even with her saintess powers. Anise doesn't know much about this world, so the ML could easily fool her into thinking that some other kingdom is evil and manipulate her into agreeing to help Farglow win another war. Anise will think that she's making her decisions with her own will, but she's given faulty information; the decision was never hers to make.

I'm glad someone responded to me. I don't even care about this manga (it's typical trash isekai shojo), but I spent around an hour on that analysis, and it's good to receive feedback.

Dex-chan lover
@ohyun you welcome, if you like a noble, kingdom, and conspiracy manga I recommend The Holy Grail of Eris, not an isekai though and a bit slow on updated but every chapter is very satisfying.

Seriously, what kind of messed up life did that girl have that she felt the need to steal everything she could from the MC, and was perfectly happy with just casually having her murdered on a whim? Do they ever explain why she has such a fixation and complex?

Users who are viewing this thread