I, Who Possessed a Trash Skill "Thermal Operator," Became Unrivaled - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Shadow of Death

Dangerous I know right you know how often toaster-kin has burned my last slice of bread... too many. Get reward kidnappers for a minor annoyance.

Dex-chan lover
So hotter emotion equals hotter energy?
You wouldn't like him when he's angry...

Dex-chan lover
Heat has no real upper limit until the universe dies in what is literally called 'heat death'. Its one of the reasons Ace 's fire losing to Akainu's lava pissed me off in One Piece. Lava has a heat limit, since the rock will eventually disappear. Fire has no such limit.
Though you also have to deal with how temperature affects other things. Like heating up the air enough to scorch your lungs. And if you're immune to your own powers, I doubt your clothing is, lol. Or the ground at your feet. The building around you... Turning the heat up too high could kill the user just as easily as the opponent.
As a side note... How are his sleeves fine after the metal reached melting temp?

Double-page supporter
@Riger In One Piece they can project their ability on nearby or held things/surroundings

Dex-chan lover
I bet all those ppl in that school are actually op but were told they are weak to keep them in check so they don't get stronger.

@kidawesome55 that is very possible since the MC was told like that so he didn't become arrogant or something you know, using ability for something shitty and the likes.

Dex-chan lover
This is starting to sound like the author retconned his ability, with the obviously false and poorly constructed reason "she lied". Tbh I knew this would happen as synopsis pretty much says so, but the author clearly was very poor in setting up the premise, resorting to lying to the reader about it instead.

Dex-chan lover
@Solaz
Only 'awakened' fruits affect the surroundings unless the original ability does it already. Most (nearly all) powers only affect the owner's body or project a specific ability (noro noro and mero mero, for instance).
The only ones we've seen actually alter the surroundings outside the original scope of the powers have been Doflamingo's string and the mochi mochi powers, due to 'awakening'.

None of this has anything to do with my comment, though. Fire has no forseeable upper limit, while lava does. If lava gets hot enough, the rock will vaporize and it will no longer BE lava. So lava trumping fire made no sense at all. The hottest lava on Earth is 2100-2200 F, while the hottest fire ever produced (by man) was 4990 C (9014 F). That's a hell of a large difference in temperature, don't you think? Diamonds will be forcefully vaporized and transformed into carbon dioxide around 1400 F.

@mage_goo
Yeah... Because he totally looks like he's thinking about keeping his clothes at a certain temp, lol. I think I'm just gonna go with "It's magic", since it doesn't make sense.

@Riger can't agree with you more about Ace's death. Which is quite bullshit. "Lava can burn through fire " is the biggest ass pull ever.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger heat death is actually opposite of what you said. Heat death is when all particles have decayed into energy and the energy in the universe has dissipated so far that the universe reaches absolute zero

Dex-chan lover
@Karretch
You may want to re-read. I didn't say heat death was caused by heat. I said "UNTIL" heat death.

For a second there i thought the SNAP txt came from the girl like something snapped xD either her v is gone or they break her arms or legs or something but it could also be just the MC BEING PISSED

Aggregator gang
Even if his power output was low, the fact that there doesn't seem to be many usage limitations means he can use it with specific and deadly precision. Also the whole human bodies are largely water

Dex-chan lover
hmm idk. i thought this was gonna be "mc is really just your normal everyday boy who wants to be a hero and not have anything special like was taught by a sword master or have a hidden talent" but u know what i like op mc stories so i should be grateful

oh ya something doesnt make sense... they have the "special protection" thingy right? so how can this actually happen?

Users who are viewing this thread