I Will Die Soon - Ch. 10

Highest chance of survival my as&. How rigged is that?

Neverending excuses from death

This has become insufferable to read. The guy just wanted to escape his misery by suicide and now he has to play deaths rigged game cause she was bored and wanted to torture a mortal. I really hate her character, i hope he punches her one day.

Dex-chan lover
I get the author wants to keep Death "mysterious" in her goal for the MC, but at the same time as a reader this just feels like one sided bullying without purpose.

I really hope Death gets a solo side panel soon so we can at least know what she is thinking

so like this is getting kinda boring if hes gonna die everytime ;its the same process, the author gonna make us believe that hes gonna survive and kills him. Its like predicting a generic plot in a story

Dex-chan lover
Y'all don't understand. We ain't meant to cheer for our main character.

He was a scumbag who was self-centered and egotistical, and never thought about others. His entire thoughts even after dying is blaming someone else for his problems, blaming Lady Death for tampering with things.

Death is unavoidable and can come out of nowhere, you got to accept that. At the same time, you can't treat death lightly.

Dex-chan lover
@Rigardo The bullying one he could have cleared, had he let it go after destroying the bullies support (and exposing how weak he was), but he not only antagonized him, he turned his back to him almost immediately afterwards. (Even worse, he did so in a somewhat secluded area, at night.)

Dex-chan lover
The author is making death too much of a bitch. Makes me wonder what he's planning.
There are currently 18 untranslated chapters. I'm starting to lose hope in this manhwa myself.
I may or may not report my findings...

Edit after skimming raws:
Yea, just more of the same from what I can gather from the raws. The upside is that by chapter 17 the MC grows some balls and appears to stop taking shit from death. There are also a couple of callbacks to previous lives. Aside from that, I'm going to have to wait for a proper translation. But to be honest, the only interesting thing about this story is the MC's interaction with death between lives, and those are few and far between.

Here's my non spoilery take on things. Death is like the parent and MC is the kid. MC made a mistake (in the parents eyes) and is continuously refusing to acknowledge his mistake. Instead he's blaming others including the parent. The parent wants to teach the kid right from wrong, but not only is the kid refusing to listen, he's also underminding the parents authority. So the parent keeps punishing the kid until he learns his lesson, the kid is the one refusing to learn. If you came face to face with death would you act like MC?

Also some are missing the point of the webtoon. It's not about IF he dies (we knew from the start he's gonna die at least 12 times, maybe), but It's about the journey, what kind of life he'll find himself in next, how that person originally died, can he prevent it, will he learn the value of living etc.

Sometimes it's best not to think to much and enjoy the ride😃

Dex-chan lover
God forbid MC is an existentialist and believes that life and death just don't matter. Like if Death encountered someone who believed that life and death were just arbitrary, that it didn't matter the difference between the two and whatever she did, no matter how painful or agonizing, is inevitably temporary and menial because its ultimately all pointless, regardless of what lesson you are trying to teach, then she wouldn't have a fair argument against it.

Still hoping he just ends up hanging out with death of all eternity as her companion. That would be more fun/interesting

Supporter
maybe death should rethink her teaching lessons if they don't work at all

The pages get blurry right where she tells him to sit. I thought maybe my browser loaded it weird so I tried clearing my cache and visiting other sites and it doesn't seem to help. Makes me think the original images are blurry.

I checked in my desktop browser and it seemed fine. I normally read on my mobile phone but nobody else complained so I tried desktop and it worked fine. I wonder if it has to do with the way my phone reads large images.

@superbaby

I mean, sure, MC is selfish and egotistical, but can you really blame someone's reason for killing themselves? I mean, If I were to be in a cycle where you'd struggle to live only to die over and over again, on top of facing some low key bullying from Death herself, I personally wouldn't feel any less suicidal. If anything, it trivializes the weight of death and makes it just pain.

I know "I dont get the manhwa," but I just can't being myself to feel any sympathy for Death. I think this manhwa is wonderfully made, but I'm not sure I like it. The take on death is just a little too much for me to handle.

I mean, it's just cruel to get punished for just feeling sorrow, because after all, the overarching reason why he, and many people, commit suicide is because of the inner pain. Is it really right to punish someone for what they felt, especially if their situation was actually horrible like his was? Man, I dont know, but this manhwa just has a tone that I'm not into. Others might enjoy it, but it gets me thinking too much about things that I'm sure isnt the point of the story.

Fed-Kun's army
Death is just making up shit, isnt she? She says every death can be avoided then attacks him when he questions this, then sends him in chains into a fucking tank and again attacks hi m when he questions if she is doing this on purpose? At least be fucking consistent and follow your own rules

Users who are viewing this thread