I Will Die Soon - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'll admit that was pretty smart. But for ruining everything, this guy is definitely gonna kill him.

Power Uploader
@superbaby Thanks for the amazing, quick chapter. And since you don't have a raster graphics programme that can compress PNG, I think it's the right choice to go back to JPEG. I had conditioned my suggestion to your having Photoshop, anyway.

Keep up the good work! I always glance over the next chapter and I was on edge waiting for this one!

Of course, I don't think for a second his problems will be solved with that. My guess is that the strong guy will become the new king and treat him like shit all the same.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously though, how are the teachers doing nothing about all of this? Is that actually how schools are like in Korea? Or is it just being exaggerated for the drama?

Holy shit, this chapter was really satisfying to read. I can't wait for what happens next!!

Power Uploader
@Varler I've always wondered about that. I think it's exaggerated for the drama, but bullying is a tremendous issue in South Korea from what I know, and that's why it features heavily in their webtoons. I know workload stress plays a role to such a point that the teachers still use the cane (or used till very recently) to keep discipline, and have even protested when the government tried to ban it.

It appears that SK schools are really stressful.

@Kendama, Thanks for the kind words and advice, it's always appreciated. Yeah, I had to switch back to jpeg because the pages were taking too long to load.

I'm hoping to be able to order a decent pc/laptop for Black Friday so I can get chapters out faster. I read the comments with people showing interest in the story, guessing at what's going to happen and wanting to read more, and as someone who knows, it's so hard not to spoil it lol.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed, and are looking forward to the other chapters.

Btw: If there's anything MAJOR you don't like, ie Unnecessary explanations, use of font's etc, let me know and i'll try to change what I can in later chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I don't care. I still think he's going to get stabbed. I've seen one too much.
Thanks for the upload. Manhwas spoil the hell outta me. Great art, color, sometimes multiple in a week.
Too good.

Dex-chan lover
His death is going to have something to do with the girl.
I'm calling it right now.

Power Uploader
@superbaby

I think you can wait to do any improvements on the translation and edition process for after you get a PC or decent laptop. Just to think that you're using a virtual keyboard and mouse on MS Paint makes me feel mightily impressed at your effort.

I think the notes are fine, I also love lengthy notes when I'm translating (from Japanese). So long as you keep them outside the panels and small, I don't think anyone will care much. But I think you could have explained a little more in detail why "companionship" and the Jeong Woo are a pun, just putting the Korean characters doesn't help me, who doesn't understand hangul. But that's a minor thing.

In terms of the typesetting itself, I don't see any problems with your font choice. Your font for notes could be a little more legible, something without Serifs (I use Trebuchet, among others), but the fonts you use for speech and thoughts are perfectly fine. Not my favourites, but they have to reflect your tastes, not mine: suffice that they are legible, consistent and good for comics. (That is, not too formal.)

@Kendama The word he uses is 우정 (Woo Jeong) which basically means friendship, one of the guys he's talking with is named 정우 (Jeong Woo) so he's basically using a play on words. Hope that helps.

I'll increase the size of my notes or choose a different font, I purposely made them small, because I was worried some might find them unnecessary or annoying.

Power Uploader
@superbaby the size is okay, just the glyphs could be more legible. Consolas, Spinner Rack BB and Trebuchet are good for small sizes.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Normally I love a good petty revenge, but the way these kinds of scenarios play out in manhwa really only swap who's the victim and it doesn't end the cycle of abuse. The victim just kicks someone to be one rung lower than them and now that they're on the side of the bully, perpetuate the same violence they suffered under. There's no compassion at all, and seeing it so many times over is grating.

Fed-Kun's army
Violence vs violence, after all. Well, at least this time the MC could save himself from this situation.

Dex-chan lover
It's overdramatized middle school nonsense but goddam that slap at the end was satisfying as fuck

Users who are viewing this thread