‏I Will Fall With the Emperor - Ch. 84

Double-page supporter
No idea if my brain is breaking, but I found this chapter a little hard to follow. She used the woman... (I don't remember who the women are!) and convinced that her sister was being adored, but she was just using them for information?

Thanks for the hard work!

Aggregator gang
From what I understand:

The tea party that Lass brought Nicola to is a setup. Lass is making use of Nicola's spoiled, narcissistic nature, her constant need to be pampered and the center of attention, and her inability to keep a secret when flattered to trick her into spilling everything she knows about the state of Berry's political terrain. By playing into her delulu image of how the world works, Lass is able to just sit back and milk her idiot "sister" for all the information she's worth without ever having to lift a finger as revenge for being worked to the bone by Nicola and the rest of their family in her past life.

The women present at the tea party were women whom Nina, the pink haired consort, scared and manipulated into being her "friends". They aren't actually adoring or befriending Nicola, they're helping Lass collect info from Nicola by pretending to be a sympathetic, interested audience. While Lass is also using them politically as Nina did, the women are willing to help Lass flatter and trick Nicola because
1) they fear Lass given how she retaliated when Nina pushed her buttons
2) Lass is the empress, so being in her good graces is now a much better prospect than disgraced Nina
They've now agreed to help her in the future because in their eyes, unlike Nina who only knows how to verbally and physically abuse them for the smallest mistake, Lass (as far as we can tell) hasn't touched them and is instead praising them for their assistance.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread