I Woke up as the Ugly Duckling - Ch. 3

Aggregator gang
@yannickq huh? We are still on chapter 3 so there isn't a defined way yet on a how magic should work, you can't argue that it shouldn't be that way when the story barely introduced its own rules and whatnot. How Magic works differs depending on its story, its precisely because it was imaginary in the first place that makes magic litteraly anything, there's magic that use hair and stuff as a fuel, theres also magic that was powered by "love" or shit like that, if a guy who could slice a mountain and separate a sea can be explained by "magic" ,do you really think burning excess fat is impossible? Offensive? So your projecting your lazy ass whale like body on the mc and your offended because they removed the "excess" fat?

HAHHAHAA I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT THAT. GAH. It will be more exciting if she loss weight the normal way, ck author. I'm so dissapointed.

Bro what? Why would you set up that she’s bigger and then abandon it in the next chapter...that was so stupid. She should've lost weight the normal way. It was already weird from how bodyshame-y it is at least show her working on it, but lol the fat was impure so the mana melted off 😭😭 thats so dumb

Dex-chan lover
Idk if im happy about the lack of diet and exercise arc or not. Weird development anyway

@Sweet_Seats No it think she would be looking to get skinnier cuz that's where her inferiority complex stems from. "Not being pretty enough" or "not being as beautiful as her sister", the nasty comments, made behind her back, caused her to eat more, but that would also lead to her being more grossed out by her body. Technically with the amount of stress-eating and self-disgust, she should've had bulimia, but she was lucky enough to not get it.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was easy

@ismaelh
Idk if im happy about the lack of diet and exercise arc or not. Weird development anyway
Usually the diet and exercise are events for character redemption... Skipping it in this case kinda kills any excitement about being great and beautiful again...

Umm about five things just happened plot-wise in one chapter. Not good for pacing at all. Didn’t allow time for the readers to sit with nor understand the possibilities of what her powers could do.

Wait wtf that was fast. Feel like it wouldve been better for the plot if we actually saw her do the whole montage of losing or weight or learning to love herself but idk this development just seemed rushed and shallow

Man fuck this. She was "ugly" (and by that i mean fat) for what, 3 chapters? And now she lose weight by literal fucking magic??? The manhwa's name was "I became the ugly lady". BITCH WHERE DID THE UGLY GO???

Gah! Another monsterman!
What is WITH all these hideous men???
Like, they call MC ugly but take a look at your own faces first!

I mean I guess he looks a lot better after he stops it with that g-dawful frown.
But still.
First the dad now the brother.

The MC hasn't had a single frame where she wasn't cute though, clearly all the good looks went to her. (Well the sister looks okay too. (author is just bad at drawing good looking men)

And I just came to the part where they MC breathed her fat off........
. _ .

Gross.

Every women’s dream in a picture... imagine being able to lose weight that easily!? I wish I could do that whenever I want, just shedding off any extra fats😂😂😂

Everything was very interesting until this chapter... what a disappointment 🙄🙄🙄

Fed-Kun's army
I thought I'd only see this kind of "toxin clearing" in wuxia, made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread