I Woke up as the Ugly Duckling - Ch. 3

LOL. This happens often when the main character is a weak boy who comes from future/another world

Whoa.....I love her personality as she’s someone who’s always bedridden in her past life and got a second chance in life plus she’s an elementalist to boot. Original Sylvia has all the power but too back she mentally weak. This shows that mental health and self confidence is important.

fWdGjMI.png

Oh I thought it would go more like the white pig destroyer where she worked it off while showing her personality :(

I think it's okay that she doesn't have a 'losing weight by training' arc. It's just three chapters now, it doesn't mean she won't grow as a person later. This is just one of the areas where magic is given a growth in story, not the protagonist. It's better to think that it's the world-building. Just think of how much filler for training it would be -- at least we'll get onto interesting plots with this magical slimming power.

(Plus it could mean that Sylvia was originally really strong in power.)

Yeah... That pissed me off😤 Not only was that weight loss tranformation way too easy, this whole fat = ugly or disgusting storyline is getting old. It would be nice to see a beauty transformation that didn't just involve extreme weight loss😐 Like I get it's fantasy and based off korea's view of beauty, but this is dissapointing

Idk about the “no weight loss arc” but I really did appreciate that little “she’s still very beautiful, she just never realized”
I’m sure other versions of this type of story have said something similar, but that little scene made me happy

Group Leader
Getting Beauty Water flashbacks 😰😰 (beware it’s horror, and not one for the kids lol)

I actually don't mind the way she lost weight, because It will be a long arc of her losing it, I also like the fact that mc thought she was beautiful but she didn't realise it because she had extremely bad self-esteem issues.

I mean. I know that just in the last chapter, the MC already saw the charm in the fat version of her body, but I think I'm okay with this short ass transformation. But it seems a bit too easy. Like why wouldn't the previous her have been able to do this, especially since it seems sooooo easy.

Ngl that's disgusting af. Also not how the human body works???

Reminds me of that miracle water horror strip on webtoons ugh

Dex-chan lover
She could have became more beautiful the entire time but cried and stuffed her face instead.... or did she just flunk class?

Realistically if this happens she would be bedridden for days and definitely be bleeding.

Edit-> Advance Hamon user.

Fed-Kun's army
can we have a mc that isn't extremely skinny and still loved for once like LMFAO

Users who are viewing this thread