I would like to be able to block a specific manga

I have to agree! I keep clicking on manga in my latest update and click on the latest chapter only to realise it's one I dropped because I didnt ever like it. And the solution isnt just removing it from your library because then when you go to find new ones you may see it there and not realise you've read it before.

Power Uploader
Please, really need to know how to block specific manga.
Some manga keeps showing up in the latest update whenever I try to look for a new one.
To be honest, it was quite saddening, since each time I saw those "blacklisted" manga, it just ruined my day.
Agreed. Additionally, there really needs to be an option to exclude manga you're currently following from appearing in a search. It makes it hard to find new things when you have to go through pages of results for stuff you already read or have dropped.

I have to agree! I keep clicking on manga in my latest update and click on the latest chapter only to realise it's one I dropped because I didnt ever like it. And the solution isnt just removing it from your library because then when you go to find new ones you may see it there and not realise you've read it before.
Sounds like you moved the series to your dropped list, but didn't turn off notifications. If you go to a series you dropped, make sure you click the orange bell icon so that it turns black. That should stop it from showing up in your updates list. Though dropping a series really ought to turn off notifications by default.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of groups produce a ton of stuff I read and a ton of stuff I rather not even look at. Only way to stop them from showing up is to block the whole group or the uploader and that just makes it difficult since you're limited in how many blocks you can have.

Dex-chan lover
It is already possible with the Advanced Search..
The problem is that in the advanced search you can't sort by latest update IN YOUR LENGUAGE, and the devs have made abundantly clear they have no intention of (or the ability to) fixing it

Dex-chan lover
It is already possible with the Advanced Search..
That doesn't affect stuff like what shows up on the homepage, though. E.g. I end up finding a lot of good stuff by the "popular today" carousel, but there's functionally only around half as many useful slots there when I can't block the "harem" tag to keep out the irredeemable trash, lol.

And, of course, you have to hit those blacklist buttons on advanced search manually every time you initiate an advanced search. Would be nice if the blocks were just built-in for the whole site so you don't need to redo it every time.

Contributor
If it existed in the old version of MangaDex, it will eventually get re-implemented into the new one. Our current priority is implementing whatever is necessary for the site to function normally again, and quality of life features like RSS feeds are typically on the backburner as a result.

Contributor
The problem is that in the advanced search you can't sort by latest update IN YOUR LENGUAGE, and the devs have made abundantly clear they have no intention of (or the ability to) fixing it
Yes that's sad but I wasn't talking about this.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator

Users who are viewing this thread