I Wouldn't Date a Prince Even If You Asked!

Dex-chan lover
@vodkavodka that's the point, the 'villainess' is just a role based on isekai otome games, either the 'villainess' was holy saint or really a villain

the current trend is the 'villain noble lady' is misunderstood and the 'heroine' is the antagonist,
or the 'villain noble lady' is bad but trying to change her fate by being good and the 'heroine' is also the antagonist lol

Is angelica a green tea bitch? It seems like that to me. Even irl men are usually got fooled by that kind of girl. They just cant see green tea bitch true color. If another girls warn them, men usually accuse the other girls are just jealous of her. This is based on real life experiences. Lol

@enempress I agree about her not being really a villainess and it being silly to keep getting leada without flaws

I do think that the part about getting financially stable in 6 months is not that unreasonable- she had a job as a seamstress, and was doing work on the side, and then in six months time had gotten a slightly better paying job. Since seamstress is a job you can walk into if you could show an employer you were capable, this isn't that unreasonable. She also isn't making bank, she's just been able to rent better rooms. It's pretty reasonable especially if we consider that they likely were able to sell the jewelry they were wearing and dresses made from expensive fabrics when kicked out to even out those emergency weeks.

@KeiriQ so true. Sometime I think this is too dumb to happen and in real life and then I actually saw/heard shit like this happening in real life.

Not a fan of ML his design is bad and he seems like an idiot for falling for the bitch sister

Dex-chan lover
@Aldis I love stories with thought-out antagonists with proper reasons and stories with prevalent grey morals in general. But let's face it, among the modern literature it's rare to find a story like that. Most of generic novels these days can't bother to put efforts in such plot arrangement. More than often antagonists are simply evil.
But when it comes to the villainess trope, it looks like virtually every otome game (novel) has immeasurable depth to it.

I’m already not a fan of splitting chapters like this, but it’s worse when it’s the first chapter

Please god, just let us read it and see if we want to continue BEFORE slicing it into eight pieces

its pretty good so far, only down side is that you have to wait a while for the chapters so I would recommend reading this after a few chapters are released. All I can say is that this villainess story is a lot more realistic than the other stories

Dex-chan lover
Bro please don't tell me the prince is the ML 😩
Judging by the cover art it seems that he is 😭😭😭

Hmm kinda not sure if this will be any good... I prefer villainesses who actually earned their name instead of making the FL all innocent...
But still, thank you Sawateam for the release, your quality is top notch as always :)

Yeah, solistars has a point. This is more realistic than regular stories and the fml is actually working realistically after being banished and stuff. What I find kind of lame though is the probable ml fell for the antagonist and will now fall for the fml which I find kind of irritating the think about. I do feel bad for the fml's mother though, that's a tough unexpected flip in lifestyle.

A villainess who retains her personality and pride? Noice.

@Vodkavodka you're absolutely right. This kind of morality is tiresome and so limiting of the narrative. That said, what draws me to the genre more than anything is the pride of these villainesses (assuming they don't get lobotomized and murdered due to being replaced by a reincarnation). The genre does a really good job of transmitting that aristocratic pride; 'I swear I won't bother you again' is pretty close to having an actual villainess who you can empathize with despite her evil actions up to and including attempted murder.

Next up we'll get titles that a whole paragraph long... 😳
But I'm still here for the storyyy 😜

Double-page supporter
I'm sold on this. FL's struggle after getting banished felt real and there's no reincarnation bs going on. Thanks for picking this up Sawateam!

Edit: also, support the author by reading the raws ya'll. It's on the title page, and it's free to read

Users who are viewing this thread