Ichido Dake Demo, Koukai Shitemasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - A Place Called Home, By Your Side.

Fed-Kun's army
Having read both versions, I don't feel that I got anything meaningfully different out of this one. It really doesn't seem to me to have been worth the time and effort.

Group Leader
Let me just point out that the other scanlation, while it has good typesetting, has a number of subtle phrasing issues. I guess it's better to say that the problems stem more from phrasing than from accuracy. It's fine to prefer a literal translation, but that's simply not how we roll.
I'd also like to point out that the translation of the previous chapter is actually from us as well (me, and the typesetter for almost all chapters of this manga save for the first and last one), under the /u/ Scanlations label. The only reason why this one is under Thousand Lilies is because of MangaDex's rule against multiple uploads from the same group. Hope that clears things up. The rage comment was just me being facetious.

Imagine being petty enough to rerelease an entire chapter just because you didn't like how a single phrase was translated. "Fueled by rage against mediocre TL" btw.

While the other one might have phrasing issues, this one felt like it read worse
Maybe the individual sentences were better overall, but it was sorta more choppy going between them?

Might just be a thing with rereading the same thing twice though, i'm not smart

Users who are viewing this thread