Ichigeki

Very interesting samurai period drama. Follows the story of a... ghetto version of Shinsengumi. Peasants turned (disposable) warrior, dying a dog's death. Very gritty, totally the vibe of manga that will not have a happy ending.

Really enjoying it! I'm reading it for the characters, plot, and history, but it's worth noting that the realism of swordsmanship is refreshingly better than most manga.

Thanks for your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
It's like watching the 1862 version of Narc by Joe Carnahan except with even more fury

The only problem I have with the battles in this manga is that I can't tell who's who. Which is pretty realistic actually.

Group Leader
@petra I agree. 11 months ago, I just discovered this gritty manga, but there's definitely sexual violence in it.
I edited it. If someone wants to remove it, please PM me and explain why, because I can't see a reason for removing it if you've read this.

Please dont remove this im a big fan of matsumoto jiro works. its been long time i waited new manga from him.

Group Leader
Great to see an update. Hopefully someone will take on Joshi Kouhei as well soon by Matsumoto Jiro.

Ultimately, I cannot recommend this manga. The MC is flawed (which is okay) but completely unlikeable. He's just so fucking stupid even though the first chapters built up to be smart.

Users who are viewing this thread