Ichigo 100%

It's true that the ending was controversial at the time. but the popularity poll thing is just a rumor that came out of the people that didn't want to accept the author's choice.

She even wrote about it on her twitter a couple of years ago: https://twitter.com/m_momokuri/status/847088007488331776

このマンガはよくキャラの人気投票でラストが決まったと言われていますが、実は人気投票をやったことはありません。当時の担当さんが「わかっちゃったらつまらないから」と言っていたような。連載当時誰がどんな順位だったのか…私だって知りたいよ!

People often said that the ending of Ichigo 100% was decided by popularity but actually, the series never had a popularity poll during its serialization. The editor said it would be boring to know which girl is more popular.

At the end of the day... people will get mad and frustrated if their favorite girl doesn't "win", so negativity from the "losing side" is to be expected. What I personally like about this manga is that it didn't follow the trope of the "fairy tale" ending and went for a more realistic approach, in which the girl that put effort, fought for her love and supported the MC, while helping him mature and become a better person, was rewarded in the end.

I guess it all comes down to which type of romantic stories one likes the most.

This author's artstyle is the best. I really like all his manga because of this.

still one of the best endings in an harem manga... or well, shounen
I really love when the girls who deserves the love actually gets it
cough fuck nisekoi cough

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, this update suddenly made me remember this series and how its only worth for its ending. It always bugged me how almost every single series of this author is axed but this one, which in my opinion is her worst work, was somewhat popular in its time. I remember finishing this manga just because i was "at that age" and the ecchi was enough to keep me in, but man, the plot sure was shit.
The only thing that saved me from totally hating this series was its ending and that after finishing it i read I"s, which i disliked so much that made me totally forgot how bad was this one.

@Sakino
It may be one of the best because of how surprising it is, but lets not cofuse being "refreshing" with being "good". I liked the ending because its one that goes against almost every single rule wrote out there for this kind of series, but on the other side its an ending that just shows how MC hasnt grown a single bit since the first chapter, which is kinda pathetic. Well, the MC is pathetic, so not that i expected anything else.

@mylastchance89
That ending was sure that at that time i didnt expect, because all the other series like this one that i had read till then had the same ending, but looking at it now, after sooo many years i understand that this was the perfect ending for the series. Not because i like the blondie more than the other girl, i really dont care with the girl he ended, but because it showed till the end the kind of MC the author wrote. Instead of a forced development where the MC suddenly matured after dozens and dozens of chapters of being pathetic af, the author just keep him as he was from the beginning, which is kinda sad because it shows that there is no character development in over 160 chapters, but at the same time its pretty realistic because NOW i understand that it would have been unbelieable that someone as pathetic as him would have suddenly changed. Not that the kids who read this series would notice that tho.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, Ichigo 100%. Back in the day when major big-seller romances could be total trainwrecks as long as the art was good. I don't think the style of the time held up very well.
Mind you, I didn't like it much back then. As I recall I bailed around 1/2 to 2/3rds of the way through so never really noticed the whole ending-controversy thing until later.

Power Uploader
Correct credit for some chapters:
16-26, 42: Akatsuki Manga and Yamitsuki Anime (Yanime)
27-35: Dragon Voice
36, 37, 73: Dragon Voice and Yanime
39, 75, 78-80: Yanime and Ass-Troop
81-89: Anime Waves and Ass-Troop
90-116 Yanime and Anime Waves

Scanlation war back in the day
The series was started by Akatsuki Manga (boings Nishio for starting it all.. ), it then eventually ended up with a joint with Yanime. With Yanime eventually doing a joint with Ass-tropes (that's was an old department of Dragon Voice Manga), and then the joint with Ass-trope eventually ended, which came to the joint between Animewaves and Yanime... and eventually our joint didn't work out after a few volumes and we had immature scanlation wars with Yanime (hehhe, good time, thinking back that is), but eventually the "war" stressed both the groups out
https://www.insidescanlation.com/history/history-2-3.html

This manga was surprisingly not as bad to re read as I thought it would. The characters are still surprisingly kinda enduring, with the exception of a few. Though the entire final arc is a mess. Senior year felt too crowded and unfocused and honestly pretty boring to read.

Ending is either you love it or you hate it and... Yeah, I'm not a fan. I couldn't care less that he didn't go with the girl of my choice, it just felt kinda anti climactic and a little disappointing... Heck, the entire final speech he had with the girl he chose didn't really fit the story, it felt more tailor-made for the other and that's what bothers me about it. If you just take the final 2 years this ending feels fine, if a bit messy. But looking at the entire manga it feels like it was going one direction, then didn't.

Junpei essentially choosing Tsukasa out of a rebound made the whole thing feel sour. He didn't accept her confession because he knew he liked her more. He chose her because he thought Aya had a boyfriend, and him turning her down felt more like loyalty than personal feelings. If he accepted her at the pull-ups itself that would have made all the difference.

Manga went from a 8/10 to a 6/10 by the end.

Greatest mid of all time
Has an extremely good ending imo best girl actually wins
It's basically worse nisekoi with a better ending a better best girl

Fuck this. Fuck this, the best girl didn’t win
I couldn’t get through this because I got spoiled that he ended up with white short haired girl. Satsuki is the best choice by far the Mc and her have so much good chemistry. And the other black haired girl has such a bland personality and while I only read till 53 Idoubt her personality gets ineteresting she’s like the safe choice. I don’t get pissed easily but fuck this fucking manga genuinely fuck this ahhhhh fuckkkkk

I love harems too and love triangles but atleast with those they all have interesting personalities but with this there’s only one girl that has chemistry with mc from what I’ve read and the others are just meh uhhhhhh fuck this it could have been soo good

Dex-chan lover
just finished what should be my third time reading this. it's both as good as and worse than i remember it being.
to be frank, the manga feels bad to read a lot the time. a lot of chapters aren't structured in a way that makes sense to me, and a lot of the story beats don't have satisfying conclusions. but the weirdness in the composition can be interesting. the problem with the story content is less about how boring it is and more about how frustrating it can be.
it does get better after a certain point. the latter half of the manga is mostly solid and, contrary to what many others would say, i think the ending leaves a good impression. it's part the reason i remember this fondly, enough to think of reading it every few years.

this time around, i paid closer attention to how the love stories in the manga work.
ignoring some very dumb parts, i find aya's love story quite beautiful. they worked together taking steps toward pursue their dreams, and captured a moment in their three years in highschool. but before she could take the step to pursue her love, she already lost.
tsukasa's love story is not as romantic and honestly not as well-written as a whole. however, i quite like how proactive she was in trying to get junpei to look her way, and that her efforts have paid off.

Users who are viewing this thread