Ichigo Mashimaro - Ch. 89.3

eli

Group Leader
TL notes from Ralen:
"Commu-show" is コミュ障. The first part is short for "communications" and the second part means "hindrance." I thought of "Commu-snow," (as in static interference) but it looks like this name doesn't come up again, so I just made it match phonetically instead.
It looks like Miu's whole "Commu-show" bit is related to another series being published in Dengeki Daioh:
https://dengekidaioh.jp/blog/omisugo/entry-10961.html

Dex-chan lover
TL notes from Ralen:
"Commu-show" is コミュ障. The first part is short for "communications" and the second part means "hindrance." I thought of "Commu-snow," (as in static interference) but it looks like this name doesn't come up again, so I just made it match phonetically instead.
It looks like Miu's whole "Commu-show" bit is related to another series being published in Dengeki Daioh:
https://dengekidaioh.jp/blog/omisugo/entry-10961.html
New manga from Omoi-san's author? Hell yeah!

Dex-chan lover
Oh, okay, now Miu's expression in the other third of a chapter uploaded today makes sense.

If I remember correctly, a couple of those masks are callbacks to other chapters.

eli

Group Leader
Oh, okay, now Miu's expression in the other third of a chapter uploaded today makes sense.

If I remember correctly, a couple of those masks are callbacks to other chapters.
Yes, sorry for uploading out of order!
I actually suspect we're missing the very first two pages of this chapter (89, the commu-show story), which I'm fairly sure were released in the 2023-11 issue of Dengeki Daioh. I've asked Ralen about it.

Edit: Yup, this is the case. I'll make sure the missing two pages get uploaded here when done.

Last edited:

eli

Group Leader
Some pages of this chapter have now been updated with translation fixes (and the very first part, two pages, which gives context for the rest, has been uploaded to MD).

Users who are viewing this thread