Ichinose-ke no Taizai - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - The Ichinose Family's Deadly Sins

Dex-chan lover
There was a point in time where I rated this manga very highly, but it ended on a whimper instead of a bang. The mystery of what was happening to amounted to nothing, I'm not even sure what the main theme pertaining to their familial relationships was at the end of the day. Very disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
it's always like that , the start of the manga can be the best mystery you ever read but the longer it goes the shittier it becomes.

Double-page supporter
Now that this shitshow is finally over, I hope people realize that Taizan5 is legitimately a bad writer and that forced edgy wank and giant panels of lumpy crying faces doesn't make a story good.

Dex-chan lover
I knew this was going to go nowhere in particular after about a volume, but well, at least the ending had a proper character focus.

If this wasn't in a shounen magazine, maybe it could've at least dialed up the story elements to 11 and had darker twists, but as it stands, the whole story was just a giant melodrama about a family whose greatest sin was just being stuck in a time loop until they conscientiously promised to be better people, instead of being able to let their lives keep going and naturally find a way to adjust. Souta's "fake family" was particularly amusing...

Dex-chan lover
The author began without a story to tell. He just had a beginning of a story. Then, after a few chapters, he hit upon a more interesting premise; but he still didn't have a story to tell. When the premise itself was exhausted, he tacked-on some chapters, but he still hadn't arrived at a story. Finally, he just punted and quit.

Fed-Kun's army
The other comments pretty much sum up what I want to say, the author definitely had something else planned judging from the first few chapters which got me extremely hooked on but for some reason decided to change it to some budget inception plot. Should've sticked to them finding out the family's secrets and each member's lives.

Dex-chan lover
I put this on hold about halfway through as it was really tough to follow the story when it updated once a week. How is it actually? Was it a satisfying resolution/explanation?

Dex-chan lover
I’m a bit surprised by the general sentiment about this manga. Did I think it was the best manga I’ve in the past year? No. Did I think the ending was rather abrupt? Yes. Did I enjoy most of this story? Yes. I think this is a solid 7.5 to 8.5 manga that while had some flaws was still a good enough and entertaining story. That’s all to say I’m surprised by the general sentiment here and I think most of you are being a little too harsh for an otherwise worthwhile story.

Double-page supporter
I’m a bit surprised by the general sentiment about this manga. Did I think it was the best manga I’ve in the past year? No. Did I think the ending was rather abrupt? Yes. Did I enjoy most of this story? Yes. I think this is a solid 7.5 to 8.5 manga that while had some flaws was still a good enough and entertaining story. That’s all to say I’m surprised by the general sentiment here and I think most of you are being a little too harsh for an otherwise worthwhile story.
7.5 would be above average, 8.5 would be very good, almost great, unless you're grading on a severe curve, I guess.

I don't think this series got anywhere close to those highs once you look past the shock value and the various twists and cliffhanger chapters. Taken as a whole, it's just a contrived, repetitive story with unlikable characters caught in a poorly written story that goes nowhere. You're free to like it or not feel as strongly, but don't be surprised that other people don't want to celebrate an insulting anticlimax.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread