Ichioku-nen Button o Renda Shita Ore wa, Kizuitara Saikyou ni Natteita: Rakudai Kenshi no Gakuin Musou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1

Supporter
the "Hermit for Time" pop from nowhere... The 1st chapter is missing some World building and Background...

Double-page supporter
The old man wanted a plot enabled with his commercial ad push that button.

Dex-chan lover
This should have been around 2 volumes showing his relationship with his mom (how hard his mom worked, the type of job she had, the kind of home they had), him entering the school, and his daily life at school (how the students and teachers treat him from when he entered to when this chapters start)

Fed-Kun's army
this guy is literally the meme:
"WHICH ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS CALLED MY MOM GAY!"

Damn this is missing some backstory. Also his reasoning for pressing the button seems to be different in the opening compared to the ending

Dex-chan lover
you're telling me a dude who's able to swing 1k times with a sword is weak?

my expectation toward this manga: PLUMMETED

Aggregator gang
That was the dumbest first chapter ever.

Also a guy who can swing his sword a thousand times yet is weaker than a guy with minimal effort is BS writing and dumb as well

Dex-chan lover
Maybe writing this out will make it make more sense

Okay first off why is the mc trash at swordsmanship? Athletics isn’t rocket science. You don’t need to be born a genius to learn how to wield a sword. I mean it would certainly helps and lessens the effort one needs to put in to learn but that’s it. The mc should be fairly capable just by practice and hard work. If he’s been diligently doing this for 10+ years and is STILL trash then a curse or something has to be involved. At the very least he should be physically adept at this point, competent in wielding a sword, and able to move fairly easily easily with a big piece of metal in his hands (which in of itself is fine for a kid in training). Most knights can get by with just brute strength; you don’t need talent to know how to exercise. Even learning techniques and basic fighting strategies shouldn’t be that hard if you’ve already been putting in a shit ton of effort since you were 5. I read a story similar to this and it got away with the MC not having “talent” because all swordsman also used magic which he had no access to, but after working his butt off since he was a kid, he still had the most physical skill. If something like that is the cause then it would make more sense, but needs to be explained in the first chapter. If the MC has honestly been training this hard his whole life and still has NO results, then a thousand years isn’t going to help.

Also can we talk about the bully for a second. Really tired of that generic asshole character whose character just exists to be a dick. If he really thinks the mc is “worth nothing” and “trash”, then why go out of your way to talk to him? By the time that guy got there he wasn’t even in the open anymore. He was in a closed off alley between two school buildings, so the guy specifically had to see and go to him. What type of problems do you have to have to be that deliberately mean (Other than just be on the internet)? Reminds of the key and peele skit about bullies. Going off of that, I would totally be for a series where the MC is just discriminated against for being a commoner in a school of nobles and proves their insults wrong with the efforts of hard work and dedication? No? Nope? Just gonna go with some silly “he’s still trash after 10 years of earnest effort, and needs a magic button to be competent”. Okay. Whatever

Really the only remotely realistic part of the chapter was the old man. Ngl, I would totally press that button if told it would solve all my problems, and from what the media says about my generation, so would everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
Press the button to train for a million years they say.
Milllion years later:
UHPqTzJ.gif

I don't know what people expected this to be, but it smells like trash from afar xD

Dex-chan lover
@ TNT261
Just wanna say that I appreciate your comment, and that it doesn't take much for people to 'bully' others. It's enough to be different, and that kid is as different as it gets.
I also don't think there are any curses involved. These stories aren't well written, don't think too much about it.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
I hope that space has more to do than just eat and train. Otherwise I'd be worried about his mental stability after a million years alone of the same thing over and over again. Especially if the only source of mental stimulation is whatever he can come up with. That and will he remember about the duel and his life with a million years worth of memories between the moment he pressed the button and returned.

@TNT261 It's possible for MC to be terrible at swordsmanship even after training for a while. Just as there are people very talented like the bully there are people who are very untalented. Don't know why but talented people just have an easier time getting the knack or understanding something on an unconscious level so while someone studies hard to make the average they score top marks with little effort. The smart ones don't just rely on their talent but also put in effort to maximize their potential too, like Stella from Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan. However, just effort and time spent isn't enough for someone to learn how to be good within a few years. Take Kazuha in Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou. She was rated as the worst swordsperson in the Sword Division due to practicing the wrong way alone, but once the MC gave her some valid pointers, training, and got her to practice with others she finally bloomed into a great swordswoman. So if doing something over and over isn't allowing one to overcome the wall between untalented and talented it would be good to spend a lot of time with a personal trainer who can analyze and change the lesson as needed to suit their student and find ways for the student to internalize rather than just memorize by rote the information.

As for the magic button it's not going to magically make things better. It's just going to give him one million years in an alternate dimension (hopefully returning him just a moment after he leaves rather than a million years later,) where he can spend the time training. So if he just sits and eats for the whole time while putting off training he won't get any better. Even if untalented and doesn't get something, having a few decades to study it from various angles should at least provide a few pointers in the right direction so even if not an S class swordsman when comes out he should at least be equal to the bully.

As for the bully there are many who feel insecure themselves and raise their self esteem by going "I'm better than that person," consider just being in the same building as someone they consider vastly inferior as a personal insult or stain on their honor for some illogical reason, just feel a poisonous thrill looking and beating down someone who can't fight back, or bully someone as a stress reliever and/or the thought it shows how better they are in comparison.

Welp i dont wanna be mean but the guy that was bullying the MC gave him some good advice , if he is incompetent to be a swordsman then it is safe to say he will have it hard and even if he becomes one he could lose his life in any moment since it is really dangerous ,her mother wont be able to cope with that . It would be better if he studied to get a normal job ,that way he could earn money to repay his mothers efforts and without risking his life . He could have chosen other words tho , he was really mean and disrespectful

The emotions that this manga was trying to portray is so goddamn dry, I thought I was eating stale bread

I read it again and it might be because the translation are so goddamn awful

Double-page supporter
so far the MC is a top tier retard, pretty much what I expected from this type of manga tho

This isnt even the classic noble retard versus commoner issue since the dude notes his "rival" is actually the top. The "rival" even lets the MC off easy when the MC swung a sword at defenseless him, lmao. The dude even accepts a challenge.

Hahaha, its even worse. Upon rereading this chapter, the "rival" pushed his cuties back a bit to safety when the MC charged him.
Even worse, if you make the MC the villian, the MC is mad that the "rival" disrespected his family, "his noble blood", and makes a deal with the devil to make him take back his words.
Cant wait to see the MC commit a school massacre and justify it.

Users who are viewing this thread