Ichizu Bitch-chan (Pre-Serialization) - Ch. 33 - A Story of Patience Between a Flirty Kouhai and a Senpai (Part 2) - Worries

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if the mother slapped him that's one thing

But to let her off so lightly after seeing blood on the picture frame is another

Then again Western culture sort of promotes "punishment" for these behaviors while some eastern cultures prefer "forgiveness" so I can see the disparity here

just slightly more better? fuck, that gives me red flags :/

also thank you for the chapter kind person.

@piay123 yeah definitely
Ever so slightly more gentle

Like, she literally smacked him on the head with the corner of a picture frame, becoming just a bit more gentle really doesn't help her case ;-;

Dex-chan lover
A new chapter happy noises

It’s nice to see the mom got better and actually understood she’s the issue. There’s a lot worse ways this could have played out. That said, I feel like I easily this was solved underplays how bad of a mother she’s been shown. Realizing you have a problem is the first step to recovery; not the only one. I’m just gonna pretend that she started seeing a therapist or psychiatrist after this, and did a number of mental exercises and had to stop her impulses and learn to lower her stress/find better outlets to relieve it. Just to help me sleep at night with this. “Slightly better” doesn’t really help me sleep when she physically injured her child (for no good reason) and apologized for him when he got sick (instead of you know, asking if he was okay or going over there to take care of him). I mean, when your child is scared of being punished for falling ill, there’s a whole lot of issues there. That really can’t be solved by a single confrontation and “slightly better” doesn’t help much.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, troubling, but it still beats the abuses of CPS.

Reform is the first step in the road to progress, and single-motherhood is an unhealthy struggle for a reason. Manga often shows the sweet, hardworking mother stereotype (and they do exist, my friend is a damn pushover when it comes to her toddler), but the truth is single mothers are associated statistically and anecdotally (yours truly baby!) with abusive (by modern standards) households as the very stressed-out parent either overcompensates (they hit harder and more often), panics and is reactive, or lashes out based on their stressful existence. Often all three at different times.

And so, America has an exciting several generations ahead of it.

Thanks for the translation!

Now I remember why this series left a bad taste in my mouth :(
I agree with the others saying this chapter feels like a cop-out. Author made a mistake.

If you don't mind if it's japanese there is 1 or 2 new chapters in the creator's pixiv account, you can take a look at them.

Double-page supporter
thanks for picking this up.

something about this chapter doesn't sit right with me, chief. we're kinda glossing over a lot of steps here...

Dex-chan lover
I doubt things will change that easily. The mom was angry with her son for getting sick (something he can't control) and was brought to the kouhai's place to rest (because the mom wasn't home).

And then she beat him to the point of bleeding (from what I assume because he was defending the kouhai), and we're just supposed to pretend everything's peachy? If this is how she reacts when it's NOT something the senpai can control, just imagine what the fuck she'll do when it is.

To anybody still unable to access this chapter, click on the settings icon and change your image server, there's either "NA/EU 1" or "NA/EU 2", try both and see which works. I couldn't access it at first but now I can.

Japan has a law that allow the parents to hit their sons as long its for discipline , maybe that's way she hit her son. There has been cases of parents actually killing their sons because of excessive hit.

Cant remember the name of the law but its actually true. Japan is a dogshit country to be honest.

Not to be the devil's advocate, but to me seems more likely that the mom hit him with the photo frame, not because he show "disrespect" to her, but more out of fear to saw her son, so angry against her for the first time. not gonna say that we should blindly forgive her.

Dex-chan lover
That went way too fast. Can't just correct shitty parents in 1 day.

Group Leader
There are just so many awesome and interesting interpretations of this chapter in this comment section. I didn't even think about it so deeply when I was translating!! Really insightful stuff that I've seen so far. Thanks to everyone who sent such nice messages, I look forward to translating more in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread