guys listen to me,

I think she love the MC, but im not quite sure

Dex-chan lover
guys, listen me out..

I think she "love" the MC, but im not quite sure yet

Group Leader
im going to scream
RLkMFEI.png

all the wait for a chapter with same content as last one...

Group Leader
i'm trying to make sense out of why it says "love" in this chapter, and i think i got it.
for those that are confused, her "love" is tied around the trauma she faced when she was bullied in the past. during that time, love was blooming for the two characters (MC and this bitch) and at the same time she was facing horrible treatment from others. due to this treatment, it developed a mental distortion that caused her definition of "love" to be an unlikely synonym of "oppression". in a manic state, she believes this distortion and applied it to practice.
i'm no therapist, so i could be totally wrong. also him wearing that facemask definitely symbolizes something, im too lazy to put it into words

if that's what the author is going for:
TL;DR // "giving love" means "giving trouble" for the girl. the reason why she OPPRESSED him is because she LOVES him (that's kinda obvious).

dissecting quotes
PAGE1 "i used love for my own enjoyment" - referring to what she did to him, not what happened to her in school
PAGE2 "if you innocently destroy the old love, you might stumble into a new one" - feigning ignorance to troubles now will materialize troubles later

Dex-chan lover
not gonna blame the translator since he does what he gets, but i think they should add more pages, you don't do psychological in 4 koma,it just doesn't fill things up as there is greater meaning behind things,the next chapter they are again gonna show it from masaki's perspective(i think) ,just add more pages, and clear the air ,if not for the whole series,but atleast for now, when it is at such an important arc/moment

Dex-chan lover
Taking her twisted meanings into mind, perhaps ruby text "Oppression" over "Love" could get that across?

If anything, at least it exists in the text

Group Leader
After all this, if this series ends with a " We should not see each other. It's for the best" or some crap like that, ngl, I wouldn't care. Infact, it would probably be for the best. I ain't no psychology student/doctor but even I can say that this would be a bad relationship for both of them. Her with her twisted "love" and him with his insecurity. But if they do resolve all their problems and then get together, that would be awesome as well

Users who are viewing this thread