Idol to Otaku no Risou no Kankei - Vol. 8 Ch. 46

Fed-Kun's army
@SweatyBrie Nah. If the mc's gonna die somehow, it's gonna be when he kills himself because the gaslighting and emotional abuse received from the very person he looks up to.

Dex-chan lover
Would be much easier if she just asked him out but I guess there might be some rules in her contract concerning that sort of thing.

Dex-chan lover
Will we ever see the reason she hates him being an otaku so much, or... ?

I'm curious now

Aggregator gang
"How dare this guy live a lifestyle where he dedicates his entire being to me? I'm going to change his ways so that he'll live a lifestyle where he dedicates his entire being to me!"

Seriously Masaki's already obsessed with Mikatan and he would be her boyfriend if she were to ask him. Especially now that he knows that Mikatan is single. Masaki's otaku ways led him to being a super-fan of Mikatan . If you ask me Masaki being an otaku fanboy of Mikatan is the only reason he's putting up with her crap. I think making him give up the otaku lifestyle will also have the effect of him not wanting to be Mikatan's fan which would in turn lead to him losing his feelings towards Mikatan.

There is no logic with what Mikatan is doing. If this was just her wanting to see Masaki suffer just so she can get her sick kicks, it's dumb as all get out, but I can follow some sort of reasoning. This whole making Masaki regret his otaku ways is not going to lead to him wanting to be Mikatan's boyfriend.

@liquidsword
He doesn't think so....as of yet. It's not even funny how it hasn't dawned on him that no matter the idol/her brothers relationship, he saw them go into her room together followed by THOSE voices.
Is he in denial right now? No idea but I hope the author doesn't forget about it.

Dex-chan lover
I totally spend more time reading the comments than the manga. This series wild.

@KazumaLee94 I think the idea is that at this point he wouldn't date her even if she asked him, he showed some interest in the first chapter but i'm not sure if he was really serious or if her antics turned him away.
I've read before that in Japan a lot of the idol otaku are kind of crazy and obsessed with idols being pure and untouched, so anyone dating her even himself would ruin the pure image he has of her as an idol.

She wanted to get him to like her as an individual rather than an idol by building a personal relationship with him, but he rejected her and doubled down on only liking her idol image, so that's why she's angry.
It's like being in love with a movie character instead of the actor.

Users who are viewing this thread