IDOL×IDOL STORY! - Ch. 42 - Stalwart Battle

Dex-chan lover
I hope he stub his toes, I hope his blanket will always be too warm, I hope everything he owns is slightly not aligned, I hope he'll always find a single strand of hair in his food, I hope he accidentally got a small pebble stuck in his shoes.

Dex-chan lover
I hope he stub his toes, I hope his blanket will always be too warm, I hope everything he owns is slightly not aligned, I hope he'll always find a single strand of hair in his food, I hope he accidentally got a small pebble stuck in his shoes.
what about stepping on a lego?

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter! So we finally get some insight into Michiru... she's very cynical, or perhaps realistic about the industry. Child stars getting financially exploited by their family is a dark side of the business. I don't know that Koyuki can defeat her here... but it does seem like Koyuki has at least grown enough that she's got a shot. Not certain who'll win.

Good to see Karin perhaps beginning to be pulled out of her spiral by Hibana and Suzu. Speaking of the reserves, I wonder if something will happen that will get one of them into the show. If something like that does happen, it'll probably be in the final battle, to postpone Mimi and Ibuki going head-to-head. Maybe Mimi twists her ankle or something and Karin has to step in.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!!!!!

damn, didn't expect to learn so much about Michiru from just 1 chapter, but I like it!!!

And as much as I like and root for Koyuki, I'm pretty sure she will lose. No matter how hard you train, you can't improve that fast, and Koyuki has been dead-last so far. At least she went out with a fight though!!!

Nothing wrong with posing naked in front of your rival, pinning them against a wall and explaining how much you want to be seen.
when you put it like that XD

I think the author never wants it be an easy choice to root for anyone
and I honestly both love and hate this, because it's so real. I remember watching Produce 48 and feeling so torn up because all the girls are so passionate and worth rooting for, it's sad to see them lose but it's a competition after all.

Dex-chan lover
Let's hope his Chihuahua takes a dump too big for his small body on something expensive of his

Supporter
Even with logic i still don't like Michiru, while i'm glad she said no, she didn't say no because it's wrong, she said no because she's so full of herself that handicaps ruin the challenge for her lol (sure she's being exploited, but she acts like that's ok lmao, she isn't miss sunshine)

Dex-chan lover
Even with logic i still don't like Michiru, while i'm glad she said no, she didn't say no because it's wrong, she said no because she's so full of herself that handicaps ruin the challenge for her lol (sure she's being exploited, but she acts like that's ok lmao, she isn't miss sunshine)
I think that’s just the child star thing she’s grown up with. She’s cynical about it, but she’s talking to a nepo baby, not a country bumpkin. Being exploited by her family and gross executives is all she knows and the reality she has had to live with so she isn’t going to act like it’s new trauma or want pity for it.

But she also wants to prove to herself and everyone that she is good enough for the job on her own abilities despite that system. Even if gossip follows her around regardless she’d at least know she did it without the help of some sleazy dude. Trying to have integrity even if gossip will still taint your career seems admirable for someone her age. She also privately telling one of the few people who might understand her.

Is it me, or does Michiru seem unhealthily thin?

In the bath scene, it kinda looks like she's the only one drawn with her ribs showing, and if we pair that with the context of her monologue... idk, she might be pushing herself too far for the sake of her family and her 'atonement'

(And maybe I'm wrong here, but the fact that she's matched against Koyuki, who the characters are shown to be worried that she would overexert herself, I feel like that may be related to the theme for this battle)

Dex-chan lover
The Kengan Ashura of idol manga
Hahaha, with that as comparison, Aria will join the contest later on, as the experienced veteran who is clearly more skillful and defeat all the youthful “plot armors/sudden power ups/desperado approaches”, inevitably becoming champion in the process because she is simply the strongest.

I don’t mind that really. Then our MC duo’s journey can begin.

Dex-chan lover
Is it me, or does Michiru seem unhealthily thin?

In the bath scene, it kinda looks like she's the only one drawn with her ribs showing, and if we pair that with the context of her monologue... idk, she might be pushing herself too far for the sake of her family and her 'atonement'

(And maybe I'm wrong here, but the fact that she's matched against Koyuki, who the characters are shown to be worried that she would overexert herself, I feel like that may be related to the theme for this battle)
She's just very lean. Athletes with very low body fat do sometimes look like that especially if they're not specifically building muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread