Ie ga Moete Jinsei Dou Demo Yoku Natta kara, Nokotta Nakenashi no Kin de Dark Elf no Dorei o Katta. - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1 - Entrance (1)

Dex-chan lover
So, they explain the usage of guns in how I kind of expected it... Guns are cheaper because they can't be magically enhanced, while bows have that option, and arrows are cheaper to produce in comparison to bullets.
Still weird, but understandable.

What I can't get over is the idea that BOWS are easier to aim than a gun.

Dex-chan lover
First, that's not a sniper rifle, it's just a standard bolt action hunting rifle. Secondly, guns are far easier to aim than bows. Line up the sights and pull the trigger, as long as the sights are centered the bullet goes where the sights were pointing.

@harveyfns doesn't matter, it's bolt action, so you're not making rapid repeat shots anyway. There's no argument that it's harder to aim that rifle than a bow unless that rifle happens to have an absolutely terrible barrel or horrific sights, and either of those can be fixed by some routine maintenance or replacement parts.

Banned
@Boomburst

It's how you hold the weapon. Grab a broom and hold it broom side away from you and try to hold it like you would hold a rifle.
Compare that with a bow where the weight is distributed differently. Sure you can get bows can get up to 5 or 6 pounds in weight but generally bows weight around 2 to 3 pounds while rifles weight around 6 to 9 pounds.
Then you also have the effect of recoil on your shoulder and using your own strength to control the recoil, while with bows the arms are doing that part. Sure you got draw weight that comes into play but that can be a momentary weight as compared to rifle.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
The world building is wack, I have no idea the level of advancement in this story at all.

Reactions: le3

Users who are viewing this thread