Ie ga Moete Jinsei Dou Demo Yoku Natta kara, Nokotta Nakenashi no Kin de Dark Elf no Dorei o Katta. - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1 - Entrance (1)

rifles are harder to aim than bows.... sure

gotta remember turn off your brain when reading LTIT (Low-Tier Isekai Trash)
well to be honest to differentiate between bows and rifles in a magic fantasy setting with penetration power, noise and accuracy is actualy a solid thought even if its not executed fully lets say mid tier isekai trash

Dex-chan lover
....Harder to aim than a bow???

Also I can't figure out how the sniper is so much cheaper, are those bows just hella stacked on enchantments or something? Even then there should be bows that aren't like that and are in the price range if not cheaper

@ShionSinX
@Blackheart9009

No, that made no sense..
It was an empty word salad.

The "points" made, were incoherent and doesn't mean anything. Let alone actually 'prove' spears 'useless' in tight spaces.

"Can't manuver horizontally"..
What? Every weapon has trouble moving "horizontally" in tight spaces..
Especially weapons that need to be swinged.. Aka, not spears.

Dex-chan lover
@Southpaw no, short weapons have no problem at all. If you can move your arm you can use a dagger for example. Also theres no space threshold behind you for using other weapons, unless you using that spear by holding it at the tip of the shaft.

@ShinSinX
"Space threshold behind"...
Friend, what was the Hoplites? Triarii? Macedonian Phalanx?
You do realize that people since the ancient has used spears in close and tight formations right?
What was the 'battle of Thermophylae'?

" unless you using that spear by holding it at the tip of the shaft."...
Yes.
Why not?
You clearly have some specific setting in mind, in where that wouldn't work... But you clearly haven't even bother to explain what that might be...
Well, I think what that might be. But please, still explain. Because for your sake, I really hope that it won't be so.

Double-page supporter
Maybe he should get a new spear. The one he currently has looks like someone snapped the shaft in half on him.

On that note. If they are gonna be fighting in a cave a bolt action rifle isn't really the best choice. At least put a damn bayonet on it or something for her before she shoots something to close and kills someone with a ricochet. lol

Dex-chan lover
the cost of guns vs accessories are just like printer
cartridges cost so much you can buy a new one with just 3 cartridges (at least in here)

Dex-chan lover
"The disadvantages are that it makes a lot of noise and is much harder to aim than a bow"
...How is a rifle harder to aim than a bow?

Double-page supporter
So.... No one is going to talk about how he said spears are bad in tight places? I mean, spears are awesome weapons and shine specially in tight spaces since the target won't be able to avoid the hit. Also, it is weird how his weapon is so bad considering his dad's profession and capabilities. Though, yeah, it is an old weapon that probably had no care.

Dex-chan lover
Man, how bad can this be?

1 - Bows are hard to aim, they don't have an iron sight and need to be drawn and maintained like that. One of the advantages of a crossbow was an easier aiming, and this is important because a weapon easier to aim makes the training faster. And to say a snipe rifle is hard to aim is ridiculous, the damn thing has an iron sight and some have a scope as well. That entire panel is ridiculous.

2 - The suppressor is more expensive than the rifle? How ridiculous can this get?

3 - She is a sniper, she isn't supposed to get in the range of the enemies, so her "armor" (if it can really be called that, I don't see any leather or metal at least) is wasted on her. He on the other hand is a spearman, a frontliner. He will be at the enemy's range, and as such needs better protection. The slave having better equipment than the master worked on Shield Hero (which is your inspiration, don't lie), because Raphtalia was a swordswoman, a frontliner, and Naofumi already had the Shield giving him full protection.

4 - Please, please, author, read goblin slayer. If you had, you'd know that spears are the best weapon in caves. It's big, but you don't swing it around, like a sword. You thrust with it, and there is plenty of space in front of you. You can even shorter the range if you want by holding the middle.

I'm at one chapter of dropping this manga. The author not only doesn't know a thing about warfare, but his story is shallow at best.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the cost of guns vs accessories are just like printer
cartridges cost so much you can buy a new one with just 3 cartridges (at least in here)
Cartridges of one printer don't work on another, that's where the profit is (by the bulk ink, it's gonna make everything much cheaper). But ammunitions are the same for everything of the same caliber. Not the same thing. Guns are far harder to make than bullets. Bullets can easily be mass-produced, you can even make them at home with the proper equipment, while each piece of a gun has to be really precise.

Dex-chan lover
rifles are harder to aim than bows.... sure

gotta remember turn off your brain when reading LTIT (Low-Tier Isekai Trash)
well to be honest to differentiate between bows and rifles in a magic fantasy setting with penetration power, noise and accuracy is actualy a solid thought even if its not executed fully lets say mid tier isekai trash

LTIT. Why would bows be able to have magic but rifles don't? Both rely on material properties to propel a projectile.

Dex-chan lover
Cartridges of one printer don't work on another, that's where the profit is (by the bulk ink, it's gonna make everything much cheaper). But ammunitions are the same for everything of the same caliber. Not the same thing. Guns are far harder to make than bullets. Bullets can easily be mass-produced, you can even make them at home with the proper equipment, while each piece of a gun has to be really precise.
I forgot whats this about, but in my country at least not in usa, gun control are very strict. I wish i could just go to some gun store and bough one, but alas...

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, a sniper rifle with a scope is "much harder to aim than a bow"? What kind of bullshit is this? Does the author not now how scopes work? Even only with iron sights it would be easier to aim than a damn bow...

Users who are viewing this thread