If You're Gonna Dress Up, Do It Like This

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the empty wrist, but that is one rabbit hole I do not want to go into! ?

I'll be honest, I just read this for the sister. Like, I'm sure the fashion talk is cool and all but it goes way over my head.

Group Leader
The premise is interesting and the sister is cute. But the storytelling is terrible.

@Arashiyama Well, I feel like it's a bunch of fashion tips first, with characters to go along with it, on top of inklings of a story. Likely easier to read if the fashion catches your interest.

Dex-chan lover
It's a reasonably interesting manga, but some of the fashion tips are pretty iffy. It's only one style that the author seems to emphasize at first, and it doesn't suit all people or even most occasions necessarily. Plus, the author doesn't even get into the most important part of looking good: hair (including facial hair) and physique. You can use fashion tricks to emphasize or conceal aspects of your body sure, but to really look good, having good hair and a fit body's the most important part, imo.

Plus, wearing too much monochrome can be pretty boring, and sooner or later you have to learn which colors match your complexion and hair and eye colors.

And the last thing to consider is that fashion doesn't necessarily do anything about your personality, or any potential lack of it. No matter how sharply dressed you are, if you're just plain boring (or worse, rude) a sharp jacket with great pants and shiny shoes isn't going to help. If you're hot and fun, even if you have mussed up hair, five o'clock shadow, and you're lounging around in a tracksuit, people will always want to be near you.

Whatever you wear, you'll make it look good by being you. Thankfully for this main character, he's a good looking and fun guy, even if it's in a hapless, approachable way.

Group Leader
Currently looking for a translator to work with the series. Alternatively, we can hand over all of our resources in case any scanlation group wants to pick this up. Thanks!

This manga is what I need! I'm really clueless on fashion, and this was rather educational.

I really hope a translator picks this up. At the time of this comment I searched the manga up and the raws are up to chapter 78

Aggregator gang
Can some group pick this up again? ;___; This knowledge should be spread to everyone ;/

Sorry, had to drop helping TL's on this. Fwiw, current TL's have the important fashion aspects covered and winds up rehashing the basics in subsequent chaps, basically no character development (unfortunately) -- recent raws here: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000029/

Unsurprisingly, author has started a spinoff covering women's fashion w/shorter but more frequent chaps, raws here: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000135/

Group Leader
The series hasn't been dropped by us in case anyone is wondering. We finished chapter 40 back in December, but the translator @L3position disappeared on us during the QC process. Just waiting for them to hear back to us before we release it.

Thanks for helping out with Fuku, @nekoallergy. I don't really have any intentions of picking up the spinoff series, but I'll see if I can generate any interest for it at least.

Ahhhhhh i really needed this and this is so informative 😭😭 is there another manga with similar concept around fashion??
Im this 👌 close into buying the raw for woman outfits but i cant read japanese ㅠㅠ

@Orcalymph If you want more fashion-related manga, I recommend Runway de Waratte, Princess Jellyfish, and Paradise Kiss. They don’t focus on coordination/style as much as this manga does, but they’re still informative and entertaining in their own ways ^^

Users who are viewing this thread