Ihoujin, Dungeon ni Moguru - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Wind-Splitting Bow

ivv

Dex-chan lover
Izola, you almost triggered your death flag! xD

Aggregator gang
I would bet my money on him eventually saving the elf somehow, more than him letting her die.

"Helping other people is a luxury I dont have"
Then why are you helping them? . He wanted her to teach him archery but she only told him to hit the targets 10 times and nothing else. he would be better with the AI knowledge about archery in my opinon.

@Ynscription

I think that he will help them but not bc some shit stuff like attached or be reminded of his own little sister but bc he need
Something from them or help him to go floor 56 that is what I think 🙃

Now THIS is how an isekai should be
No dumb shit (op protagonist, harem with girls thirsty for MC's dick, lackluster worldbuilding by assuming that everything "just works", random encounters that go well for MC)
MC takes time to learn the ways of the land and immerse himself in the world
Worldbuilding is done through situational dialogue (economics through the negotiation scene, etc)

Also, cool fish guy with shades

So he can draw a bow but not pick up a sword?
Kinda disappointed, i thought this story would be a smart one.

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn, I was all for the AI gaining more autonomy, but that eye squint was plain terrifying.

Dex-chan lover
… two cents as an archer.

Although the stance shown by Eir during the 'soldier draw' is correct (back muscle draw instead of arm muscle draw, drawn to the side of the face with a European bow), the hold is too harsh (you don't need to grip the entire string, just use the first digit's groove of the three middle fingers).

Her explanation regarding the hunter and soldier draws are also somewhat correct, but the depictions aren't. Soldier draws were usually used in medieval warfare to create suppressive fire, so the draw weights are harsher and they're usually aimed upwards (a different case would be for horseback archers, but they shoot with a different stance). 'Hunter draws' are certainly not horizontal. It's slightly tilted to accomodate for trees (unlike misconceptions, hunting is most ideally done from above the trees), but the draw only reaches the side of the hunter's face. It's why the hunter draw is easier to aim: the eye is close to the arrow shaft, while the 'soldier draws' usually require the archer to draw as far back as he could to help with the suppressive fire.

Horizontal draw limits the length of the draw that can be achieved because the strings will be stopped by your own torso or pits, so it actually gives out very weak power outputs and is generally just seen as action choreography rather than technique.

Fed-Kun's army
@Siquall Tsundere is the worst cancer the japanese ever created through, so she better disappear after this "training arc".

@MelonReads You're completely right my friend. I'm tired of those isekai with "that thing happens because MAGIC" or any shit like that, everything is always SO CONVENIENT that makes me want to punch the screem.

Aggregator gang
Paying that arrogant elf (& her friend) money/clothes/lodgings/food for a quick demonstration and a difficult task (for a beginner) to shoot & hit 10 arrows/30 secs ... yeah what a scam, since it's mostly just him practicing alone until he can achieve that goal.
I think the robot would've done better helper than her.

So he's not strong enough to wield a sword but he's trying to draw bows that should ''probably'' be strong enough to deal with strong monsters as that pig from before, which means this bow has some ludicrous draw weight to even be able to do some damage to a monster like that pig, which means you need a ludicrous amount of strength to draw it, and him and his lacking strength can do it? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Page 23 scared the shit out of me ngl.
Foh shakeweight i will throw you in a lake if you try to skynet me

Dex-chan lover
I really love how this author writes unclear intentions and untrustworthy allies, especially with the robots and his god. Everything is teetering on the edge and all it takes is a few... nudges.

Please don't make the irrational decision. The bad and the risk heavily outways the good. Just learn archery from her while you can and let her die in peace, don't do anything unnecessary.

Dex-chan lover
I think the author googled a wrong site about archery, or someone trolled him hard :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread