Ihoujin, Dungeon ni Moguru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Desire for Power

Dex-chan lover
Poison? Maybe exhaustion? A clog in her bloodstream?

@xanon He probably isn't weak. Instead, I think the crossbows were probably meant for another race (like dwarves maybe? (going on cliche)). Maybe you need a protection or something to easily draw it.
Or you need to be a lumbering person to pull it with crazy muscle strength... Like a deadweight competitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wDdi_iyVM0

Fed-Kun's army
I've been corrupted by Senko-san... I just want to fluff Barfel and Ophe.

Dex-chan lover
@Milanin Oh, I can understand not being able to pull back a big crossbow string w/o assistance. It's the whole disconnect with barely being able to lift what looks like a long sword. Plus, if he's having that much of an strength issue, any bow (Elf bow or not) that he can pull back would also be weak. Unless, of course, there's magic afoot.

I think, more than anything else, it just smacks of laziness on the author to have the MC be an archer.

Fed-Kun's army
Shopkeeper, sell him a goatfoot, a belt hook, a windlass, or a cranequin for that crossbow or look around for a gastrophetes.

The corporation should have given him a modern material sword for his sidearm and a compound bow or crossbow in case of this exact scenario.

If a crossbow he can't even pull barely does any damage, what good would a bow which he can pull be? He'll just be a glorified ranged eye poker. With his lack of experience he won't even be a good trash mob '"killer" (killer in quotes because he shouldn't be able to harm monsters with a bow he can pull when he cant even swing a sword)

MC is gonna need a cheat-powerup soon if he wants to be relevant, which is probably on the way because the author at this point realized he wrote himself into a corner by destroying the only weapons that made him decent

Fed-Kun's army
>be author
>have mc bring guns
>mc is physically weak
>decide mc should explode his guns because lol
>mc is too weak to use a weapon that would actually be of use
>oops

Dex-chan lover
Still don’t get what was the point for ditching the guns. Whyyyy??

PS Manga is loosing its pace

Dex-chan lover
This bugs me about fantasy settings; swords are much lighter than drawing a bow. Crossbows are not that heavy to prime unless you're using one of those 200lbs siege crossbows and those come with a winch anyways.

Dex-chan lover
Actualy engrish bow where great against unarmored target, and coul easily put an adult man on knee before he could even get close, but you will need year of training to be able to fire one repeatidly without being exosted.
As for crossbow they are powerfull enouth to pierce a lot of armor type, they have a better acuracy and a longer range. But they need a lot of strength to be reloaded and take more time than bow.

As for sword they were trash, Sword werent wade to cut easily. And they where useless against even medium armor.
If you want to kill someone in armor you use a two handed sword or a hammer, and you use them to break the skull of the people.

As for a peon like MC he should've use a spear, they are made to be used by peasant and unskilled guard. and even so they can easily kill.

Double-page supporter
Guys you're forgetting something vital, aren't you? The setup is in a different world, meaning all those weapons that you mention with so much elaborate descriptions like some pro may or may not be the same with our standards. They may or may not be present in that world.

You kids should just step up your understanding that in isekai manga, common sense is totally different. No actually, it's already common sense! Lol

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't matter how strong other people are in this world, or what material it's made of, swords aren't supposed to be heavy.

Still undecided on whether or not I'll keep following this series...I think I may give it a couple more chapters to see how MC plans to make his money in this world without modern weaponry. The first 3 chapters felt really tight-knit compared to the last few. I feel like I'm reading a run of the mill isekai now rather than the gritty, tight-knit story the first chapters showed. If any webnovel readers could comment on the pacing I'd really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread