Iinari - Vol. 8 Ch. 31 - The End

Double-page supporter
I just finished reading but I'm unsure of what I just read.
Maybe those last chapters are just a metaphor or maybe they're the delusions of Hatano who was put in jail for indecent exposure and imagine he conquered the world but the author thought let's not reveal that part and cut it from the ending to get a happy end.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
@jfgslo said:
Well, it's better than Aki Sora's ending from the same author. I don't think Itosugi is particularly good with wrapping up his stories, but perhaps they got worse since his friend died. Who knows? They start great, but they inevitably have some really unpleasant flavor towards the end, no doubt due to Itosugi's own unique taste.
For what it's worth, Itosugi was forced to end Aki Sora. It wasn't the ending she wanted, but during that time, the morality police were pretty fierce about incest. It's what happens when your manga gets axed. At least Champion Red Ichigo gave her a couple of months to figure out how to end it.

wow this is like playing baseball and you hit the ball with the bat and it's not just a home run the ball leaves the world and in outer space.
This went so far out there into left field the past few chapters were done so bad and rushed. If it was ending like that i'd have thought it would have shown them together at the end. No real resolution with the father or about the Butlers story. The other girl seems to be abandoned or is that just me.
Yeah not a whole lot of sense in this one.

@Ichigo69 Indeed. But, given how much Itosugi had changed the original premise of the series by that point, in part in response to his friend's death it seems, Aki Sora probably ended better than it would have had the Tokyo ban not been in place, meaning, the rushed ending was probably better than what Itosugi was originally plotting at the time, given how his further series since then have developed quite weirdly by the end of their stories. His earlier work, Onee-chan no Onegai , also had drama, but not the nonsensical character development and illogical twists that have come to feature his works since the later part of Aki Sora. As shown with Uwakoi, his works have become an acquired taste that is not fit for everyone despite how unthreatening they appear at first.

Dex-chan lover
wow... um, a Gainax ending without Gainax's involvement... truly incredible. Seriously, why'd this go off the rails at volume 6?

Dex-chan lover
The last few chapters were a joke, wtf was this author taking to write sth like that. Seems that editor was taking the same drugs that he accepted it.

@Ichigo69 I also thought she was a woman, but Itosugi's profile at Baka-Updates puts the gender as "male". Since Masahiro is a male name, I assumed I was wrong. Is there any confirmation in her Twitter, Facebook, Pixiv or Website? If she is, I would place her close to Kyo Hatsuki in her style of stories.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
If you read the afterwards in her manga, etc, it's pretty clear.

Users who are viewing this thread