Iji-san Chi wa Sunao ni Narenai

Dex-chan lover
This is very wholesome i dont understand all the1

Ether those that wants incest but never got it

Or those that hate incest but never read 1 chapter but put a 1 on it anyway

Group Leader
@greatninja3
Probably the latter. I've noticed there's a lot of moral police types here that like to go to fringe subject matter just to tell everyone how horrible they are for reading it or how horrible they think the characters are for their situations. Most recent I can think of is 1 x ½ and Musume no Tomodachi. You can see a little bit of that on older comments here too.

I'm really happy to this manga again ❤ I dropped it two years ago when the translator dropped it and I was sad 😅😅
Thanks for picking this up I'm happy to read it again 😊❤❤

Dex-chan lover
The problem with this isn't any morality issues. The problem is, it's the kind of manga that's kind of designed not to go anywhere. It's cute so I think I'll follow it for a while, but I can see a boredom/frustration threshold out there.

Group Leader
@Purplelibraryguy That's not what the comments here were complaining about. Also that's more of a personal problem, not the problem. It's labeled comedy and slice of life. Slice of life can have other stuff going on, but generally not where you want to look if you want something to keep you on the edge of your seat.

It's cute so I think I'll follow it for a while
That's literally all it's designed for and there's nothing wrong with that.

Dex-chan lover
@Ultimaniac There's slice of life and slice of life. Some slice of life just naturally isn't going anywhere much--there isn't a real plot, the characters don't have any obvious objectives, so it just noodles along. Some of my favourite manga are like that--say, Flying Witch or Yotsuba.
And there's slice of life that are getting somewhere, but v e r y s l o w l y. Yesterday wo Utatte was like that, for instance--a lot of steps forward and steps back, a lot of stuff that only glancingly touched on the question of plot, but ultimately the characters were working through personal stuff, coming out the other side, and in the end resolving the romance. It was occasionally frustrating but I loved Yesterday wo Utatte.
Then there's "slice of life" where the characters do have an objective, it's fairly simple and direct, and the reason nothing happens is that they can't be allowed to reach it or the manga is over. So almost every chapter has the pattern "Try to reach the objective, appear to make progress, be frustrated in the end and return to square one". This is one of those, and it's a pattern that gets stale. Literally none of my favourite manga have this approach, although some come close-ish. To be good they have to make up for the structure problem by being incredibly cute. Like that one with shogi-playing tiny sempai.

Group Leader
I decided to add a notes page at the end of chapters like I've seen official manga releases do in the past. I don't like adding stuff between panels and I hate when scanlators add stuff like their own jokes and random comments there.

jak

Contributor
So does anything actually happen or is it one of those mangas that just tease you the entire time?

Group Leader
I see the incest tag but i dont see the romance tag. So is this incest? If not, is it just a wholesome father-daughter story?

Oh boy only took 2years from the pilot chapter to get this moving. Guess I have something to read tonight at least

Users who are viewing this thread