Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.5

Dex-chan lover
Ngl tho she kinda thicc in the last page

Officer I can explain

Aggregator gang
Idk, it’s funny kinda, but more cringey than anything because of how mean spirited the teasing seems

Dex-chan lover
I fucking fucking fucking hate this awful weak MC shit that has been going around for an eternity. For Goddamn's sake, life doesn't work like that, a functioning fucking relationship with a woman, even if only as friendship, is fucking normal. Please, authors, try to escape from your damn pitiable ego and think about real persons.
On a second note, I wonder why I really hate this so much.
PD: Nagatoro makes me wanna draw again.
Y'know, overly flustered MCs do bother me as well, generally speaking, but Nagatoro is kind of an exception because it's essential to the whole concept of the manga. As for why you hate it, I guess you're not really into S&M.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, overly flustered MCs do bother me as well, generally speaking, but Nagatoro is kind of an exception because it's essential to the whole concept of the manga. As for why you hate it, I guess you're not really into S&M.
If you are, you might've heard about sane, safe and consensual. MC is not a bottom, he's just a weak piece of shit who can't say no even if ending the bullying is literally as simple as refusing to draw.

Dex-chan lover
If you are, you might've heard about sane, safe and consensual. MC is not a bottom, he's just a weak piece of shit who can't say no even if ending the bullying is literally as simple as refusing to draw.
S&M must certainly be consensual, but it’s sometimes not inside of the fantasy that is acted out. And these are fictional characters, so consent is not a requirement, since the whole thing is a fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
S&M must certainly be consensual, but it’s sometimes not inside of the fantasy that is acted out.
Sure, which is why everything necessary for both sides to enjoy the play is established before it begins, from mutual consent to safewords to signal real, rather than pretend, non-consent.

And these are fictional characters, so consent is not a requirement, since the whole thing is a fantasy.
Within the story, they aren't. I mean, of course stories are fictional, and of course the real-life rules, including the rules on consent, do not apply to them. But that doesn't make a story of open and clear bullying a good representation of a dom-sub relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, which is why everything necessary for both sides to enjoy the play is established before it begins, from mutual consent to safewords to signal real, rather than pretend, non-consent.

Within the story, they aren't. I mean, of course stories are fictional, and of course the real-life rules, including the rules on consent, do not apply to them. But that doesn't make a story of open and clear bullying a good representation of a dom-sub relationship.
If the story gave the impression that this is normal and okay for an actual S&M relationship (as in, the characters are shown to be in an explicit S&M relationship), I would agree with you. But it's not, it's just a fantasy about a relationship between a "bully" and "bullied" that would not be acceptable if it was real, but which I find kinda hot since it's not real. My original comment regretfully made it sound kinda like you have to find this hot if you're into S&M, which I think is too broad and not what I wanted to convey, and I don't want to speak for other S&M enjoyers out there, but I feel like part of what I find enticing about S&M overlaps with what I find enticing about the relationship between Senpai and Nagatoro. But I'll happily concede that that doesn't have to be the case for you or anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread