Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 123 - ...... Hey, Senpai...

Double-page supporter
On one hand I believe senpai is going the right thing by withholding gratification for nagatoro, after all they did promise themselves they would issue the reward when nagotoro accomplished her goal. That said I feel like a peck on the cheek would be plenty okay, if anything it might fire her up. Whet her appetite as it were. I mean come on man she straight up telling you she feels like she needs to change something in order to succeed, help a thirsty little tororo out

I mean, what is more important ? a relationship or a high school judo club fight
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Judo is exceptionally important to Nagatoro. To the point to where I believe that when we first meet her she is actually a little depressed and a bit lost. Think about it: the first panel that we can see her full face she looks downright depressed. She is bored of boys at 15/16. She has given up on her passion for Judo. She can't commit to a club despite being an insane athlete. She is wandering around aimlessly in life, nothing lights her world up. Naoto and his quiet passion for art lit a tiny flame in her to set her in motion, and now she is this seemingly unstoppable force, even when she doesn't see it in herself. So yes, her defeating her demon represented by Orihara is quite important to her. Of course this is just my interpretation but I like to think it is fairly well thought out.

In Japanese culture, to the extent of my knowledge, men don't often actually say "I love you" verbally, they say "I love you" by making promises. Him promising to kiss her if she wins also has that cultural element to it. Honestly I think he is saving his relationship by doing what he is doing now. I think as long as she doesn't give up on herself and gives it her all, he will kiss her anyways regardless of win or loss. But he doesn't want to take away any of her motivation or invalidate his promise. Seeing as he knows how important Judo is to her.

Taking care of your woman's emotional needs is the true Chad move.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Judo is exceptionally important to Nagatoro. To the point to where I believe that when we first meet her she is actually a little depressed and a bit lost. Think about it: the first panel that we can see her full face she looks downright depressed. She is bored of boys at 15/16. She has given up on her passion for Judo. She can't commit to a club despite being an insane athlete. She is wandering around aimlessly in life, nothing lights her world up. Naoto and his quiet passion for art lit a tiny flame in her to set her in motion, and now she is this seemingly unstoppable force, even when she doesn't see it in herself. So yes, her defeating her demon represented by Orihara is quite important to her. Of course this is just my interpretation but I like to think it is fairly well thought out.

In Japanese culture, to the extent of my knowledge, men don't often actually say "I love you" verbally, they say "I love you" by making promises. Him promising to kiss her if she wins also has that cultural element to it. Honestly I think he is saving his relationship by doing what he is doing now. I think as long as she doesn't give up on herself and gives it her all, he will kiss her anyways regardless of win or loss. But he doesn't want to take away any of her motivation or invalidate his promise. Seeing as he knows how important Judo is to her.

Taking care of your woman's emotional needs is the true Chad move.
I think alot of peoples distain to this cock block on the kiss is cause we are 123 chapters in and they are still essentially not dating at this point. Peeps getting thirsty for progress to finally happen lol and this just feels like a new way to wheel spin.

I think alot of peoples distain to this cock block on the kiss is cause we are 123 chapters in and they are still essentially not dating at this point. Peeps getting thirsty for progress to finally happen lol and this just feels like a new way to wheel spin.
I mean I understand why you say this but I respectfully disagree. Gotta remember that they are kids. Sure they are perpetually horny but right now in their minds sex is a big deal. And kissing while naked in an onsen? That isn't even going 0-100, that is going 0-Mach McJesus by their standards. There has been a ton of meaningful progression outside of the physical aspects. They have held hands (LEWD! SINNERS!) and have gone on dates. They have made promises to each other. They are beginning to truly understand each other too. To put it in context:

(Kaguya-Sama spoilers ahead)

both main characters are a bit older when the series starts, they don't really do anything to progress their relationship until Kaguya confesses and they don't kiss until chapter 136. And even after that kiss they still complicate things and slow things down. And the real confession isn't even shown until chapter 160. My point in bringing this up is that Kaguya-Sama is (rightfully) considered one of the best romcoms in this genre, or THE best. And they didn't do jack shit until chapter 136 at the earliest, we are outpacing them and outchadding them when they were at chapter 123.

(Kaguya-Sama spoilers ended)

So I think the uproar over Naoto giving her the gigaChad cockblock is a total overreaction, considering that they have held hands, she kissed him on the cheek, they have gone on dates, seen each other naked (FOUR TIMES) and have made promises to each other. They are far ahead of the most well-written romcom in this medium to date. Just let Nanashi cook. Trust the process.

Banned
nobody's talking about it cause patriarchy has totally collapsed (also cause there's a cute naked girl) but bro-toro utterly failed his duty to his family and especially his father here. it does not matter how "sincere" or "passionate" or whatever the fuck senpai is. you can't leave your sister alone with a boy. she's not allowed to consent to that. in your father's absence it is your job to keep her from playing the whore in her father's house.

this is why kaguya-sama fell apart when they
had sex
. teen fantasy is one thing. implying by either tone or by the approval of respected characters that free love is morally good, in a serious way, makes it a (false & dangerous) political statement.

Fed-Kun's army
I think this is the first chapter Where Gamo shows a genuine expression of shame, and of course it's about the brother :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
We were THIS close, WHAT ARE YOU DOING
latest

Users who are viewing this thread