Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 123 - ...... Hey, Senpai...

Dex-chan lover
Kinda disappointing. I praised Nanashi last time for how he made MC to admit he has sexual desires, and bold Nagatoro in this chapter was really good move, but then... we are back to your standard no-kiss-allowed cliché. There is little hope for next chapter, but don't think they actually gonna kiss now. Sad

Well, the whole "I will confess/kiss if I achieve something" trope is usually pretty dumb. So what, if Nagatoro loose then there won't be a kiss despite both of them eagerly want it? It's retarded if you ask me.

This trope could be kinda ok as the boost of courage for character who doesn't know how everything turns out. But if character is perfectly aware of his\her partner's feelings and desires this trope just stops make any sense.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda disappointing. I praised Nanashi last time for how he made MC to admit he has sexual desires, and bold Nagatoro in this chapter was really good move, but then... we are back to your standard no-kiss-allowed cliché. There is little hope for next chapter, but don't think they actually gonna kiss now. Sad

Well, the whole "I will confess/kiss if I achieve something" trope is usually pretty dumb. So what, if Nagatoro loose then there won't be a kiss despite both of them eagerly want it? It's retarded if you ask me.

This trope could be kinda ok as the boost of courage for character who doesn't know how everything turns out. But if character is perfectly aware of his\her partner's feelings and desires this trope just stops make any sense.
Yeah i agree. I'm telling you man, on a real situation, it's possible she'd be so angry that it'd actually be detrimental to the whole thing.

Like i said before, i see what Senpai is trying to do, but it's just a kiss. Whether they succeed or fail on achieving their personal tasks at the moment (wining the competition or getting approved in the art thing), the important thing is both of them knowing that they love each other and got each other's back. Winning or losing isn't important at all, so senpai focusing on that could possibly backfire hard.

This!!!! Seeing Hachiouji actually stand his ground and try and help Nagatoro in the way she's done for him is refreshing as fuck. Love the development both of them have undergone to this point and can't wait to see how far they go (not in that way ya lil shits).

Aggregator gang
well the good news is they both have solid confirmation of how the other feels now.
Not quite. He still hasn't actually confessed to her. He just said he had "no intention of cheering her up" without any elaboration. I'm guessing that he's ready to drop the confession bomb on her...?

Aggregator gang
and he's not covering up either
and by the end they've both stopped blushing
just completely caught up in the conversation, no awareness of the setting at all anymore
To be fair: he's still waist deep or more in the water, and Nagatoro seems to be letting her long hair do the covering for her, for the most part.

Nah, he messed up by not accepting the advances. (Almost) everyone here seamingly believes that there have been only two choices:
  • Accept her, but doing so would discorage her (give her the oportunity to turn her back on her goal and run away from them. Sempai would be egoistic.)
  • And what he just did to encourage her, even if he was mean.

What about:
  • Forfeighting the bet, closing the deal and still encouraging her.
Do you believe such perfect situations will occure continuously? THINK MARK! THINK! This is a manga and they surely do as needed, but those characters don't know that and apply common sense like ours to their reality. This was the perfect opportunity for both of them. Does Sempai still believe Nagato to be a slut? I don't think so. Her giving him a GO is a big sign of her and nobody should ever turn this down, except the otherone does it for the wrong reasons. As for that wrong reason in this case: Nagato is being insecure, right. Her advances might be an excuse to run away from her self set goals. But she has also been swept with the mood by the flow of things. Her insecurity has just a minor part in this and can still be answered in the right way. Don't let this go to waste. It makes a beautyful memory, more beautyful then rejecting her with the right intentions.

And don't forget: What if the romantic situation is indeed more important to her in the heat of the moment? More then everything else? This rejection has a good change to get to her and hurt her, becoming a bad memory.

No, kiss her, answer those feelings and her courage, say sweet things to her, as she deserves it and THEN BE MEAN AND DON'T ALLOW HER TO BACK DOWN FROM BEATING THAT HUSSY. Sorry, no getting-together sex. Just kissing, confessing, ensuring each others feelings and a cold shower. That's it. (Maybe some cuddling on the way back.)

And for the bet? Screw it! Just still try your very best to show each others how important they are to you.
See this is all fine and dandy if that is how it would actually go down.

But the fact is if he kisses her now, she will lose a portion of her motivation. It won't be all of her motivation, but it will affect her motivation. And even if it is only a small shift in motivation, it could be enough to make a difference when it is time to face Orihara. When you really love somebody and know that they are working for something that is this important to them, you don't let them slip up. Even if they get mad at you in the moment, they will get over it. You support them in their endeavors. Naoto knows how much she needs the win and how much she wants the kiss. The kiss will happen either way. But right now she needs to be focused and motivated. She needs to know that Naoto believes in her so much that he doesn't feel the need to rush the kiss, even when he wants it too.

Naoto is based for this.

Aggregator gang

But the fact is if he kisses her now, she will lose a portion of her motivation. It won't be all of her motivation, but it will affect her motivation. And even if it is only a small shift in motivation, it could be enough to make a difference when it is time to face Orihara. When you really love somebody and know that they are working for something that is this important to them, you don't let them slip up. Even if they get mad at you in the moment, they will get over it. You support them in their endeavors. Naoto knows how much she needs the win and how much she wants the kiss. The kiss will happen either way. But right now she needs to be focused and motivated. She needs to know that Naoto believes in her so much that he doesn't feel the need to rush the kiss, even when he wants it too.

Naoto is based for this.
For me the kiss happening either way is the issue with the kiss as a reward. It was a fine motivator before their relationship progressed, but now they have held off multiple optimal chances to kiss just for the reward, and it happening either way kinda dampens it. Either she loses and he kisses her anyway, so the reward was mostly meaningless, or he doesn't kiss her after everything that happened between them, just because she lost.

It would be better if he kissed her now and told her he has a new reward in mind if she wins😏👉👌... and a punishment for her if she loses🪢💦/🚫🍆

Double-page supporter
Coomers just wanna coom. This is why you don’t have a girlfriend.
are you retarded ? that is exactly how you get a gf ... but instead he choosed to base their relationship on an element that has nothing to do with it (winning a fight lol wtf)

Double-page supporter

Naoto is based for this.
I mean, what is more important ? a relationship or a high school judo club fight

Dex-chan lover
For me the kiss happening either way is the issue with the kiss as a reward. It was a fine motivator before their relationship progressed, but now they have held off multiple optimal chances to kiss just for the reward, and it happening either way kinda dampens it. Either she loses and he kisses her anyway, so the reward was mostly meaningless, or he doesn't kiss her after everything that happened between them, just because she lost.

It would be better if he kissed her now and told her he has a new reward in mind if she wins😏👉👌... and a punishment for her if she loses🪢💦/🚫🍆

A kiss is just a kiss. They even making these promises is more progress than a kiss.
They're really like each other and are striving to build a relationship that will last. This is bigger than a kiss.

im not expecting that, but ok.... we'll see how this turns out

and no, im not screaming internally, definitely not

Users who are viewing this thread