Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Thanks, Senpai..

Aggregator gang
Nanashi come back! Give us more sexy bully! We don't need this fluffsplosion!

Dex-chan lover
I don't normally believe that there's any kind of progression in these types of stories, even when it really looks like there is, but this time I'd make an exception.

That being said, it would still have to become "official" in some way for it to really take off.

@Zeonll No shit, right? I miss the brutal uncomfortable nature of the first 2 chapters. Apparently, his editor told him to tone it down so that's why we have seen this frustrating decent into vanilla.

This is a bit like ShindoL making a SoL about a girl who changes her appearance to make friends.

I am trying to be understanding. Nanashi does great work and if he wants to have a cash cow that could get optioned for an anime, he's earned it.

Dex-chan lover
@futbuk Nanashi did 2 EXTREMELY fluffy Naruto/Hinata doujinshi before this manga started back in 2015. The dude has his fluffy side, it’s not always editorial meddling.

@Sprocket Granted, and the editor thing is just a rumor, but it would explain the intense drop off in the cruel bullying of the first 2 chapters to those that came after. Judging from community reactions, it first 2 chapters made a lot of people uncomfortable but it had a niche following coming from those who liked the webcomic. It looks like it might have been advice from the editor to broaden the appeal to improve sales.

In the first 2 chapters, Nagatoro's bullying takes the form of sexual manipulation and emotional cruelty. In the 3rd chapter the bullying changes form to humorous physical abuse. In the 4th chapter we get the first concrete clue that Nagatoro is capable of feeling embarrassment and nervousness. From then on the bullying is purely physical and sexual.

It could be that this is just character growth on both their parts and/or the fan theory that Nagatoro has been toughening Senpai up to make him worthy of her is accurate. But the shift in tone between the first 2 chapters and chapter 3 is massive and shouldn't be ignored. After that it becomes a gradual progression of Senpai becoming more comfortable around Nagatoro and I can get behind that, but I miss the emotional cruelty because it was something very unique.

Like I said, Nanashi is perfectly entitled to make something that would be commercially successful and I wish him all the luck. I just miss the old Nagatoro.

Honestly, an entire series with the Nagatoro of the first two chapters would most likely be unsustainable. Maybe it could have stayed in that form for more than two chapters, but development has to happen eventually, and it's done well in that department.

Contributor
Agreed with others.

The 2 beginning chapters are ok to see the progress we have no, but 50 chapters like that ?

No
Way
2x

Double-page supporter
The second Deretoro chapter. Write it down for posterity, Brother Anselm.

OH BOI SENPAI BECAME A CHAD! FREAKING CHAD ALERT! CHAD ALERT!!!

Our boi has become a chad. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread