Ikemen Joshi to Josou Danshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
I can understand using salt instead of sugar to be bad... imagine a sweet drink being salty as heck, so bad in your mouth...

but mistaking sugar as salt surely won't be as bad...? like people usually use between a pinch to three teaspoon of salt in cooking right?
and most side dishes are still fine being sweet (like curry and stew)... so this mix-up isn't supposed to be that bad tasting right?

or am I missing something here?

Chad as always.... both FMC and TL'er... :p

I was distraught to hear the previous scanlator dropped the series (I admire his respect for the authors however), but I am elated to see the series will continue getting scanlated ^^

Dex-chan lover
Okay im lost again with the translator note so

GOOD FOR YOU
or
OH MY IM SO SORRY

Fed-Kun's army
If the dish was too salty because she put in a certain amount of salt instead of sugar, doesn't that mean even if she put in sugar it would be too sweet? I've never had a meal cooked with sugar before tbh. Most of the cuisines in my country prefer to use salt and MSG, rarely sugar. Sugar here is a drink sweetener.

To clarify she is making niku jaga basicly a meat stew. She put salt in instead of sugar. Depending on the family there is anywhere between a cup to two cups of sugar for a batch that large. So yeah it would be disgustingly salty. Soup base is usually mirin sake shoyu sugar broth usually dashi but beef pork or chicken base works. It is one of those every family does their own style sort of thing.

Joke is it really isnt a quick fix, even 40min is pushing it. More like 2 to3 hours or longer. Just like western stew, longer it sits the better.

Also Japanese sugar is a off white so mixing them up is more of a trope than anything real. Also who has a bin for salt that huge!

Sugar is used a lot in Japanese cooking all yaki has it, sukiyaki is loaded with it. And if there is no sugar mirin is likely present or honey. Youtube "cooking with dog" and you will see how often it is used. (It is in english)

Sugar is used in a lot of cooking you just probably do not realise it.

Dex-chan lover
Nice collage on credits page. My respects
tips the hard hat

Group Leader
This manga has one of the biggest chads I've ever seen and she's a girl, so I tend to agree with the commenters in the credits page.

Users who are viewing this thread