Ikitsuku Saki wa Yuusha ka Maou ka

Dex-chan lover
As of now, only 2-ish chapters were translated, and it seems kinda mid, although this could change later on. Rehashed tropes, is isekai as you could guess from thumbnail, and art is somewhat good, but in the trash-mill kind of way. A similar isekai that I'd recommend would be Yajin Tensei because it does feel more brutal and better earned progression from the story, or Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta for something more fluffy.

Dex-chan lover
the biggest turn off is subverting your expectations for the sake of subverting your expectations
when it was still rarely done it was a nice treat, now that its overused (or at least the dynamics) and abused its hardly interesting and especially cringe when you get the whole
"did i get special abilities"
"nah, haha im God btw"
"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?"
-schtick

Dex-chan lover
the biggest turn off is subverting your expectations for the sake of subverting your expectations
when it was still rarely done it was a nice treat, now that its overused (or at least the dynamics) and abused its hardly interesting and especially cringe when you get the whole
"did i get special abilities"
"nah, haha im God btw"
"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?"
-schtick
once you get past the cringe its a fairly standard read a solid 5-6/10 which means if it stays at this pace it'll be fresh for about 20 chapters without feeling too repetitive

Really good, I'm personally a fan of these types of tropes so Id give it a 9/10, really hope it doesn't get axed.

Pretty classic so far, but in a good way
And the MC is quite fun

its not specialy a refreshing story, but its chill and nice

Aggregator gang
Not amazing, but also not terrible. Relatively mature compared to other stories. No harem, no fawning over MC so far. No superpowers or "trash skill/class" superpowers.

As of now, only 2-ish chapters were translated, and it seems kinda mid, although this could change later on. Rehashed tropes, is isekai as you could guess from thumbnail, and art is somewhat good, but in the trash-mill kind of way. A similar isekai that I'd recommend would be Yajin Tensei because it does feel more brutal and better earned progression from the story, or Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta for something more fluffy.
Thanks so much for recommending Yajin Tensei. Do you have any other like it?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for recommending Yajin Tensei. Do you have any other like it?
While I can't name anything specific thing from the the isekai genre, you might like Out and Bouncer, it's survival oriented, except within the city amongst delinquents. Holyland if you don't mind old manga that's both sad and fulfilling. To help with your own personal search, I'd suggest looking at tags like Survival & Seinen, or filter your searches to exclude tags that annoy you normally in isekai stories.

It's an alright isekai. The story isn't amazing, but I do appreciate the art and the characters designs are pretty nice. They have nice shapes to them that makes them feel non-standardized. I think I'll keep reading if the art stays this quality.

Dex-chan lover
once you get past the cringe its a fairly standard read a solid 5-6/10 which means if it stays at this pace it'll be fresh for about 20 chapters without feeling too repetitive
As of chapter 8 its bog standard mid level nonsense. Once the kids were introduced it got boring.

Fed-Kun's army
Giving this a 8/10. 12 chaps in and the MC ain't OP like other trash isekai; but there ain't much going on within the story. MC is slowly growing his strength to rank up in his guild, the lore of the story is mediocre, and the other characters in the story ain't as interesting. The story is more of a realistic take on "what happens if you were isekaied without op powers?"

Hopefully past 12 chaps, there would be some actual development within the story. I'm giving a 8/10 for potential, but if the story stays the same for like 10 more chaps, prob drop down to 7/10.

Why does there always have to be a god that sends them somewhere? Why specifically one person? I absolutely despise this trope, its just lazy and isnt even worldbuilding. I dont think the writers even understand the existential implications that there is a god that isnt in any religion and also apparently multiple worlds.

So far, only a few manga have done this trope well either by subversion or explanation.

Tanya The Evil and Konosuba do this well. This….this is just stupid and lazy writing.

“I just want to draw fantasy but I dont want to do any research. Ill just transport some random dude into a game world Id like to play in.”

Users who are viewing this thread