Ikoku Nikki - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - page.20

Double-page supporter
@Darklight99 I think all she figured out (up until this point) was about what she didn't want (boys) and she didn't want to conform to what her mom wanted (quit your job for a guy, marry, have kids). She's starting to figure out what she does actually want in relationships now, I think.

Double-page supporter
@kraize

Looks like volume 6 comes out next month and these chapters are listed as volume 4. So no, not caught up with the raws.

Fed-Kun's army
Second/third/nth the "Wow" sentiment here, re: quality of writing. (And there'd be no way to tell if the translation weren't also great, so thanks very much, translators!)

Dex-chan lover
I have zero investment in these two as a couple, but I enjoyed Makio's inner dialogue.

Supporter
BTW there was one things that bothered me with the translation.
"...sure has a high level of awarenesses" does not scan well. Are his co-workers saying he is (too) attentive? That does not seem to follow from the earlier part of his conversation. Not sure if there is some Japanese nuance I am missing.

Fed-Kun's army
I could have done without the romance in this manga, but that said, as far as romance scenes go, this one was pretty solid. It felt like two real people talking.

Dex-chan lover
@Kewl0210 Many Thanks for this. There is something about the script in page 4 I didn't understand and might be a typo? "Fried hebs?" I tried Googling this and it gave me auto-corrected results for "fried herbs". Or is it meant to be "fried ribs"? Because that's what the next page shows Makio eating. Please fix this if it is the case.

Thanks for the chapter! The dialogue was so great and so realistic - looooved the romantic tension in the air :3

Fed-Kun's army
I just discovered this series and boy am I head over heels in love with it. So mature, and such interesting characters! I also relate to Makio on far too many levels... Let's hope we can both find our happy ending.

Ah, the feeling of feeling unworthy. I relate to this so much its making me cry when I havent slept. Whyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread