Ikoku Nikki

Dex-chan lover
Right now this manga is really fantastic, I hope it remains so until the end (and that it does not get too drawn out :))
Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
This is sooooo good. I don't know how, but it has drama, heartbreak, and angst without triggering my "ugh, THIS shit again" response. I love it!

Aggregator gang
I understand why that tag got removed, and I certainly wasn' expecting the story to go on that route, but I am glad it had it for a while since it helped me find this manga, wished there was a tag for manga where the main focus is the relationship between female characters. wheater they are romantic or platonic, that way manga like this would be easier to find I think.

Double-page supporter
I first heard about this manga when, a little over a year-and-a-half ago, Hitomi Takano, author of Watashi no Shounen, on her Twitter feed retweeted a couple of articles about the then-upcoming release of Volume 3 [the volume Hi Wa Mata Noboru finished translating today (as of this post)]; how the series was nominated for the 2019 Manga Taisho Award & Takano mentioning to her followers that if they enjoyed Watashi no Shounen, then here is another story dealing on the topic of two strangers, one being a working woman in her 30s, with a wide age gap between them forming a familial bond between them. (I took it that Hitomi Takano is a big fan of the series). A few months after I saw those tweets, this series popped up on this site & I've been following since, been wanting to satiate my recently picked up taste for "Found Family" stories.

@Zexalfan Yeah I agree with you, Mangadex needs a new Theme tag for "family" or "found family" or something along those lines, not just for female characters.

Dex-chan lover
I always liked the art style of Butter, and found some of the same characters great, but others really boring. This, however, is so well written. I love it so far. Even if it ended with the first volume, it would have been a perfect ending/beginning for an interesting relationship between these two “damaged” yet hopeful women.

@rinrang

Would it kill you to look at the author's resume? Yeah, it probably would. Her BL inclinations very often spill onto her other works in some way , similarly to how Natsume Ono's early manga tend to have at least some yaoi residue in them (ristorante paradiso, cough, ukeseme dynamic, cough). You may not like it, but the person you're insulting is quite likely to be right about what they'd written. In the very least you should have looked into it first.

But don't mind me, continue to act like a white knight tribalistic cunt.

Dex-chan lover
@rinrang That's such a ridiculous comment, I'm not asking the artist to draw large breasts and giant asses on every female character, I'm asking for them to be drawn noticeable female, most pages of this manga, just by looking at the two characters faces, makio and asa you wouldn't know they were women unless the dialogue continuously reminded you, this is entirely because of the artist's drawing style, which is predominately used for yaoi and shounen-ai manga, the character design is drawn with more male characteristics than female.

Which is odd because this artist can absolutely draw female characters as referenced by their manga "Butter!!!" all the female character's faces look female rather than looking like a cool guy(makio) or a young boy with longish hair(asa). Even on the cover for this manga, asa's face look entirely female, makio of course still just looks like a cool guy rather than a beautiful woman, but that's whatever I guess.

Wow, just read all the chapters uploaded. Thanks for scanlating this series. I really enjoyed it.

the fashion in the manga is so on point. i love all the outfits! story is great too.

Fed-Kun's army
It's a really good manga. Reminds me of why I like Josei.
Also yeah, the characters are stylish af. I mean just look at that cover

This is one of the best josei that I have read. I picked it up last night, and have been amazed at how realistic the characters are portrayed. Wonderful stuff! Thank you for the translation!

This is such a masterpiece. Very much relatable. I can't stop thinking about this series for a couple of days whenever a new chapter comes.

Wow. This is the best manga I've read in a while... The characters feel real, not like caricatures or characters. Only 5 chapters in so far, looking forward to reading the rest!

Users who are viewing this thread