I'll Do That Marriage - Ch. 3

Fed-Kun's army
I love this story but I'm in a rant mood and this brought up frustration of other stories so here it goes:

I don't want to be that person but I love the recent tendency of Korean webtoons with respectful ML and hate Chinese webtoons for the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, they're not all shit, I love "the ghostly doctor" and "Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss" but 90% of the Chinese stories I come across romanticize abuse and the plot is 99% the guy being a shitty human being and the girl being a doormat. Only in some cultivation stories do the girls get a chance to be treated like humans. I struggle to find a healthy relationship in Chinese webtoons especially in the ones with realistic settings (the MC being an actress, a single mom which is an abused plot because boom it's the ML's baby and she somehow was drugged to sleep with him).

I usually think "to each their own" but the fact that those stories have hundreds of chapters and are popular makes me anxious about the mental state of the fans

Dex-chan lover
Finally, a person who realizes that "Boomer" is a mindset and not actually literal baby boomers

@Akera93 omg that's the reason why i fucking hate a lot of manhuas and webnovels. Of course, not all of them are like that but it's so annoying when it happens especially since literally ALL cultivation ones with a female MC ALWAYS falls in love with this super strong dude that came out of nowhere. There are very few novels that aren't like that tbh that's why I usually only read the quick transmigration genre because they usually don't rely on anyone. I recommend the novel Perfect Secret Love but ngl, the beginning is kinda... But the FL is very capable on her own and the ML gets a lot better.

Dex-chan lover
@WLeung @Akera93

This is, or was, the common occurrence in their cultures just like standing for right in any circumstance is common in US culture (or is supposed to be) which is why justice is commonly portrayed in US comics. Only in recent years has it become the common idea of standing for right 8n many eastern cultures which is why most of the fantasy manhwa and manhua aways have these tropes of ML being a jackass or parents of the secondary leads being trash.

When last night was so good he just had to come back for more 😝

But serious, what did Lilian write in that letter.

duke: dO yOu tHiNk a kNiGhT iS wOrThY oF mY cHeSs pIeCe- i mEaN dAuGhTeR?!

*flips a chair*
*screams*
*walks 6 feet just to slap his other “illegitimate” daughter which he created with his “illegitimate” dick that he couldn’t keep in his pants but now wants to blame his daughter for being illegitimate even though he’s the hoe who fucked his maid*

Well, well... Lilian wasn't conceived by the grace and glory of a holy ghost or an incubus so, Duke, please tell me, who was the one that couldn't keep his pants on, hm~?

And somehow I like Bastian? He doesn't seem like a bad guy...... How did these guys grow up so nicely with such a scumbag as a father? 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I feel that the comic did not explain further about the family situation clearly (or that might also the novel's fault).

So the illegitimate daughter got mistreatment from the servants.

Why the eldest daughter wasn't aware?
Why the eldest son stated that he 'leaves Lilian to deal it herself'?

Did Lilian join the household already as adult teen? Does eldest son want her to stand up herself? (If yes, it can also be said that the eldest son is apathetic but he doesn't seems like one.) Does the mistreatment is actually hidden from the public eyes? Or did MC already regain her memories and planned her way out thus revolt against servants probably useless?

(It seems like I answer my own question, but seriously, the comic did not elaborately the background clearly)

@Akera93 lololol totally agree with you
But if we exclude the problematic plot of Chinese webnovel/toon, the Korean ones also starts to repeat the same trope (currently, dungeon RPG style and isekai'ed princess or ladies). They also loves using the overbearing CEO (now in prince/duke version). But yeah, generally it's better and even there's romanticized abuse, it written well. (This is also a rant hahaha)

Felt like he came out of nowhere ngl. Usually you have a servant or something saying the emperor/royal family is coming to visit you.

I wanna like the story but so far there’s a lot of open holes :/

Isn't the plot and characters' progresses went too fast? I meant I don't really catch up the story..

Well That was what I thought! There are so many holes in the plot. I even checked whether this is manhua(chinese) or manhwa(korean) since the plot seems so messy. But I foynd this is korean! I feel like the author is hurrying the plot and chars progress too much.
..........................................................................................
@Aldis
I feel that the comic did not explain further about the family situation clearly (or that might also the novel's fault).

So the illegitimate daughter got mistreatment from the servants.

Why the eldest daughter wasn't aware?
Why the eldest son stated that he 'leaves Lilian to deal it herself'?

Did Lilian join the household already as adult teen? Does eldest son want her to stand up herself? (If yes, it can also be said that the eldest son is apathetic but he doesn't seems like one.) Does the mistreatment is actually hidden from the public eyes? Or did MC already regain her memories and planned her way out thus revolt against servants probably useless?

(It seems like I answer my own question, but seriously, the comic did not elaborately the background clearly)

@Akera93 lololol totally agree with you
But if we exclude the problematic plot of Chinese webnovel/toon, the Korean ones also starts to repeat the same trope (currently, dungeon RPG style and isekai'ed princess or ladies). They also loves using the overbearing CEO (now in prince/duke version). But yeah, generally it's better and even there's romanticized abuse, it written well. (This is also a rant hahaha)

Users who are viewing this thread