I'll Save This Damned Family! - Ch. 14

MD@Home
Glad I dived in the comments and found a teeny bit of reassurance that my IQ maybe hasn't dropped badly from the quarantine. The past two chapters felt incomprehensible and pretentious-- a lot of navel-gazing mixed with verbal abuse masquerading as clever eloquence.

I am not dropping this, solely because I don't get to read many stories with plus-sized FLs who don't magically lose their fat after meditation or a jogging montage or a death of their favorite BL character. But man, this was disappointing.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh... What? The story literally made a turn around the block and somehow ended up in Kyoto from London.

Fed-Kun's army
Glad I'm not the only one who felt like the conversation was lacking and unwitty. This is slow to update, but I'm ready to move on to a different challenge... hoping it'll be better. I've already rescind myself to not expect much with the dialogue even before this but more so now.

For the people who r confused: so basically in the last chapter, the prince allowed our FL to enter his room and gave her 15 mins to find her "lost" item. The FL wanted to enter his room to find some clues/ask him about his reason for visiting their family -- as per her teacher's request/homework. Remember the siblings are competing to see who will be the first to find out the prince's reason for being there in order to get premium test sample questions for the advisor/secretary position. So to sum up the prince's & Tara's convo -- the prince was testing/analyzing her because he already found the "lost" item. To go back to when Tara was searching for the item-- the prince alluded to the fact of knowing that the "lost" item was a ruse, so the FL decided to tell her suspicions to the prince in the forms of questions & she was probably bullsh*ting the entire time to gauge his reaction in order to find the truth. However she was too confident and wrong so he made an example of her -- just like how the 'Alchol ponsi scheme' had accomplices (which probably involves her fam) to get to their goal, so did she for this scheme to get to her goal. If anyone else has more understanding of this, please let me know too!! :)

Tbh I don't think the translation was too bad but more so that the author was making the prince go around Tara in circles...I think it was an attempt to get more depth out of the story....but that...failed lol.
Code:
Code:

@Rolyat_101 thanks! you're a life saver!

ohmygod I'm hating (possibly) ML already. The way the artist make the story is so confusing- I think they literally just adapt this story from novel, from the weird pacing. But this is a good plus size female character representation. You'll see that in other mangas, apparently, you can't be smart and fat. You must be beautiful and lose your weight if you want to be smart.

Dex-chan lover
lol is mc think so little of the prince? also, i supposed she will get away with all this by her mc's halo cuz she's for sure lacking in the Sherlock department

@softhaneul Glad my explanation helped! I think last chapter was weird cuz the FL was too confident, like out-of-character. I think the author was trying to create an opportunity to get them closer :-/ and it sort of made both their characters worse (??). But yes!! I want to stick around too cuz this is a good plus size female character representation

Ive always hated it when fls make plans that are founded on "curiosity" , "this ought to make him interested/curious blah blah" I feel like its such a Mary Sue/ White Lotus-ish way, and that it always works, because I'm with the prince on that one, its very overconfident of them
so obviously I like that it didn't go as Fl planned it to, though I don't hate her and in fact, its nice and even refreshing to see a character like her (plus size, not cunningly smart but not stupid either)

I dont really hate nor dislike the prince, im still neutral on him for now, but Im not really rooting for the fl yet either, actually im neutral to all characters right now, maybe its because of how the manhwa is being told none really have that momentum yet, (or maybe im just sloow lol), like besides the prince lmaoo... but the manhwa is still interesting enough for now, idk if i'll still feel the same if this story telling? pacing? continues on tho

Users who are viewing this thread