I’m Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness: I’ll Spoil Her with Delicacies and Style to Make Her the Happiest Woman …

Dex-chan lover
Clearly the Father is the worst here.

She and her sister are close in age (at least appearance wise) and the Mother is apparantly not much older?

how fucking old was the mother then when she gave birth??

Double-page supporter
Clearly the Father is the worst here.

She and her sister are close in age (at least appearance wise) and the Mother is apparantly not much older?

how fucking old was the mother then when she gave birth??
Natalia Evans was born to Cordelia Evans and is Charlotte's half-sister. Charlotte Evans is 10 years older than Natalia was born. However, Cordelia's age is not directly stated but it does state that she is older than Charlotte and they are close in age.

To give a meaningful age to Cordelia I have assumed that the story is based on the Renaissance era and girls of nobility were treated as adults when they became 7 or 8 years of age (expected to help with household chores, learn to read and write, music, arts, etc...) the girls would often be married off between the ages of 13 to 15 years old where it wasn't uncommon for them to immediately have children.

Based on how Charlotte was treated by Cordelia and the text she says "If it weren't for you, I would be..." when punishing Charlotte in Charlotte's dream I will assume that Cordelia is jealous of Charlotte.

As for the father. He was probably unaware of how Charlotte was being treated because back in the Renaissance time era it wasn't uncommon for the man of the house not to know anything about the day-to-day happenings of their families as it is expected for the wife to take care of the day-to-day matters of the house. Cordelia was probably unaware that Charlotte was an illegitimate child when she married Charlotte's father. What leads me to believe this is that during Charlette's dream, she states that Cordelia was kind to her up until shortly after Natalia was born. I would say that after Natalia was born the maids made it clear to Cordelia that Charlotte was an illegitimate child born as a result of a maid sleeping with the master and Charlotte was not the child of his first marriage.

Dex-chan lover
Natalia Evans was born to Cordelia Evans and is Charlotte's half-sister. Charlotte Evans is 10 years older than Natalia was born. However, Cordelia's age is not directly stated but it does state that she is older than Charlotte and they are close in age.

To give a meaningful age to Cordelia I have assumed that the story is based on the Renaissance era and girls of nobility were treated as adults when they became 7 or 8 years of age (expected to help with household chores, learn to read and write, music, arts, etc...) the girls would often be married off between the ages of 13 to 15 years old where it wasn't uncommon for them to immediately have children.

Based on how Charlotte was treated by Cordelia and the text she says "If it weren't for you, I would be..." when punishing Charlotte in Charlotte's dream I will assume that Cordelia is jealous of Charlotte.

As for the father. He was probably unaware of how Charlotte was being treated because back in the Renaissance time era it wasn't uncommon for the man of the house not to know anything about the day-to-day happenings of their families as it is expected for the wife to take care of the day-to-day matters of the house. Cordelia was probably unaware that Charlotte was an illegitimate child when she married Charlotte's father. What leads me to believe this is that during Charlette's dream, she states that Cordelia was kind to her up until shortly after Natalia was born. I would say that after Natalia was born the maids made it clear to Cordelia that Charlotte was an illegitimate child born as a result of a maid sleeping with the master and Charlotte was not the child of his first marriage.
first of: had to refresh this manga

second of all: he's still the worst one here, lol

Like let's be real here. This is'nt fact to fact medival europe. This a japanese dudes magical esque medival europe that is just as advanced in technology as needed for the narrative to exist. it's feudal japan with badly done western paint job.

Charlottes Mother could have easily been old enough not be counted as child bride victim and it would still make sense narratively.

So like, cool motive, but he still married a minor.

I'm just curious to see how badly the narrative wants to frame the stepmom as evil from here on now. Like will she be painted as 100% irredeemable monster? Girl in a bad sport with shitty personality that still should not have gone through what she's been though? Victim herself, with the father as actual bad guy?

Double-page supporter
I'm just curious to see how badly the narrative wants to frame the stepmom as evil from here on now. Like will she be painted as 100% irredeemable monster? Girl in a bad sport with shitty personality that still should not have gone through what she's been though? Victim herself, with the father as actual bad guy?
I know I talked about the Renaissance time period of Europe as an example but if I were to talk about Japan specifically for the marrying age prior to 1898 there was no acceptable marrying age but after 1898 the Marrying age was 17 for men and 15 for women and in 1947 after WWII the marrying age was changed to 18 for men and 16 for women. Contracts between family households for arranged marriages can be made as early as newborn but were usually set by the time the children reach 5 years old (still common practice in rural areas of Japan and China).

I agree with what you are saying to some degree the step-mother is the bad guy. I am unsure if she would be considered the victim either. I say that because I still believe that for a noble to marry a child it must be an acceptable occurrence or the house would not be in good standing with the royal family.

Dex-chan lover
I know I talked about the Renaissance time period of Europe as an example but if I were to talk about Japan specifically for the marrying age prior to 1898 there was no acceptable marrying age but after 1898 the Marrying age was 17 for men and 15 for women and in 1947 after WWII the marrying age was changed to 18 for men and 16 for women. Contracts between family households for arranged marriages can be made as early as newborn but were usually set by the time the children reach 5 years old (still common practice in rural areas of Japan and China).

I agree with what you are saying to some degree the step-mother is the bad guy. I am unsure if she would be considered the victim either. I say that because I still believe that for a noble to marry a child it must be an acceptable occurrence or the house would not be in good standing with the royal family.
kinda misses my point.

It doesn't matter what the historical accurate answer is, because this isn't fact to fact medival europe or feudal japan
The narrative didn't need to marry a girl as old as her step-daughter to a guy old enough to be father.
Unless there is a narrative purpose for doing so
And that purpose is either to give her a sort of redemption or, (worst case scenario) frame her as worse person.
Eventhough there is no way a girl that young could have come up with a scheme smart enough to orchestrate this whole situation.

Ergo the father, who imprengnated a girl this young and then left everyone to their own devices as said teen runs around as either victim lashing out or genuine bad guy, is the actual scum here.
He holds all the power and yet refuses to do jack shit.

Double-page supporter
kinda misses my point.

It doesn't matter what the historical accurate answer is, because this isn't fact to fact medival europe or feudal japan
The narrative didn't need to marry a girl as old as her step-daughter to a guy old enough to be father.
Unless there is a narrative purpose for doing so
And that purpose is either to give her a sort of redemption or, (worst case scenario) frame her as worse person.
Eventhough there is no way a girl that young could have come up with a scheme smart enough to orchestrate this whole situation.

Ergo the father, who imprengnated a girl this young and then left everyone to their own devices as said teen runs around as either victim lashing out or genuine bad guy, is the actual scum here.
He holds all the power and yet refuses to do jack shit.
I think you are missing the point I was making.

You asked how old was the stepmother (Cordelia) when she gave birth! my previous post was to give context to how and why I think she was around 15 years old when she married and gave birth.

I also addressed throughout my previous post why I thought the father was unaware of his first daughter's treatment by the stepmother. If the father is unaware of his daughter's treatment then why would you expect him to do anything?

Dex-chan lover
I think you are missing the point I was making.

You asked how old was the stepmother (Cordelia) when she gave birth! my previous post was to give context to how and why I think she was around 15 years old when she married and gave birth.

I also addressed throughout my previous post why I thought the father was unaware of his first daughter's treatment by the stepmother. If the father is unaware of his daughter's treatment then why would you expect him to do anything?

The age thing aside, because that's more of a "how much historical knowledge should be applied to a narrative that has a medivial aesthetic compared to a medivial setting" thing and a "what purpose does a child bride hold as narrative device" thing , which, while not entire subjective is pointless to talk about further in this case.

What I said about the father is, that regardless of how the narrative wil try to frame and cut it, he's the actual worst here.
Because "unaware" doesn't cut it. In the slightest. Like ever.

He's the man who holds all the power in this family dynamic. All of it. He's the oldest one who impregnated a girl who is according to your own interpretation 15, the Patriach of the family. He's the one who holds quite a bit of power outside as well, given that he has pedigree enough to marry his daughter to a prince. And yet we're supposed to believe that he not once, payed attention to what happens in his own family? Something that directly impacts his standing?

What happend back in the Renaissance or Timbuktu or the wendy's parking lot is completely, entirely, and utterly irrelevant to this story.

That is, unless the narrative states that it is important.

Because, as said in ealier, this isn't fact to fact medivial europe, the world building and general use of modern element has shown that already.

So in order to properly interpret a piece of media like this, we can't and shouldn't put anything in the mouth of the manga.
only the things the narrative explicitly shows/tells us can be used to interpret it.

And the narrative shows us that he's guy who impregnated a assumingly 15 year old girl that he married, and left her to her own reign afterwards.

Either he really just left the step-mom like that, with no one to keep her in check, while she might do things that directly affect his reputation or pedigree.

Or he just straight up doesn't care and might have even participated in the abuse.

What frightens me, and is my original point, is the possibility that the stepmother might be framed as the "true" scheming villain compared to the pedophilic shit stain that is cruel at worst and stupid at best.

Users who are viewing this thread