I'm Glad They Kicked Me From the Hero's Party... but Why're You Following Me, Great Saintess? - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I guess if the 'Great Saintess' were to suddenly leave without a warning or some other good reason, the kingdom would surely hunt her down and get her to reunite with the hero's party. With this massive failure causing the hero's party a setback, Alicia's taking this chance to take a (permanent) break from them and regroup with Ariake.

I can understand her logic and reasoning for not leaving with Ariake right away from the get-go, but at the same time it shows just how conniving and notorious she really is. My view of her is mixed right now, but for a healer-type of character to have this kind of personality is kind of refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
X1k0kBi.png

fetchimage

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man, I'm rereading this right now, and I completely forgot that Alicia managed to recruit a new harem member for Ariake completely on her own without said harem member ever meeting him in the first place.

Really coming into her own as his recruiter.

Contributor
I see we have another adherent of The Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic™ who trained herself to the utmost limits of human physical ability by abusing healing powers. But she also has the cold and clinical MMO healer mindset, and the only other MMO healer-type character I've seen is in that Heavy Knight isekai. More healers should be interesting like this.

"flimsy-looking girl"
Look pal gal, that girl just handed your ass to you in a contest of physical strength. I think you're supposed to have gone past judging her by looks by now.

And of course the Fenrir is a girl, and can transform into a (I assume) kemonomimi wolf girl. Might've been more interesting if Fenrir was a boy, but I guess the author is too much of a coward to consider side ships and go with the safe future harem option...

I like that look of utter disillusionment with the bitchy mage. Though I wouldn't want to see her become yet another love interest just so the protag has a harem (dragon loli, yandere healer; prediction: fenrir girl will also fall for him), even though I feel like given the (low) quality of the writing that can easily happen. I've seen that exact scenario happen in another "banished" fantasy, after all. At this point, it's like the braindead obvious next development...

Only took 2 volumes for the premise to finally be fulfilled in Volume 3. The title is not a scam anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread