I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 37 - Emerging doubts

Dex-chan lover
So far it was treated as biggest Secret and in no scenario it was revealed no matter what it was, but now she instantly blurted it out.. since the Reader is now aware of it, it's being treated less strict is my point
Your point is not the case, though. Misha didn't casually mention Yuu's secret during a normal conversation. She was mostly alone, then in a sudden panicked situation, believing that Yuu was suddenly killed or dying. We don't normally follow Misha to see how she refers to Yuu alone. In a panic she reverted to how they speak to each other privately. As for the assassin's knowing, again that's part of the story and would be a spoiler to discuss why they would know. Either way, it wouldn't change much.

Last edited:

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I see no harm in Rei telling her she reincarnated from a world in which this world is something like a book that she already read, but the assassin is new. Not the first time an isekai character has to explain it to a person native.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, like others have said, the last two chapters basically don't happen in the LN. Misha just kinda comes out of nowhere and voices her suspicions that her childhood friend did a 180 in terms of personality. I don't mind this version tbh, it makes it seem a bit smoother.

Dex-chan lover
This didn’t happen in the LN, unless I forgot. She was questioned by Misha like this but not after this whole hideout event. There was nothing like this hideout in the LN, and pretty sure we didn’t see the masked person here either. But like the other manga only additions, it doesn’t change much.
They appear to be combining some of the book's plotlines in with original material, as there are pieces here that do happen, just at separate points?
You're right in that it doesn't change much overall, and it might even get us to the core conflict of Book 2 faster. It does read a little wonky though.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, like others have said, the last two chapters basically don't happen in the LN. Misha just kinda comes out of nowhere and voices her suspicions that her childhood friend did a 180 in terms of personality. I don't mind this version tbh, it makes it seem a bit smoother.
Yeah, I'm sure Misha will discuss her other prior reservations and suspicions about current Rei in the next chapter when they get to talking. She has good reasons to be suspicious considering the 180 her Rei's personality took lol. I don't mind this new additional chapter but it's my least favorite out of the couple of them. Still fun though. Maybe a little smoother but I didn't have an issue with how the LN handled it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

charm comes to save the day! a bit too conveniently too...

Okay.. Plot took a huge punch in the face this chapter ..

Misha just casually blurting out the 'oh so important secret', now that the reader knows it, its apparently not so important anymore 😐

Misha just casually distrusting Rei, because the most suspicious and actual spy of the enemy kingdom just said some sh**..
She's really just being suspicious of Rei now, because someone said something even though her giving her that Bracelet can perfectly be reasoned with, by just saying it's a dangerous mission so she meant to protect her just in case <_<

(Just show me Rei and Claire progress, it's been ages)
The bracelet is just the latest in the long line of Rei preparing for events no one should be able to prepare for.

And I can understand Misha’s frustration. Like just now Rei might’ve known Yu was in danger, but rather than warn them she just gave Misha a vague knick-knack without even telling her what it did.

Users who are viewing this thread