I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Freedom to Choose Your Own Job

@Firemorfox

You are partially correct. I haven't read the source LN, but I have read a lot of villainess manga. One of the common tropes is that the villainess's father is either embezzling money or doing something else crooked. Not only does this create a distance that helps to explain the villainess's bad behavior, it also ensures that when the reverse-harem game ends, the villainess is not just abandoned, but destroyed utterly.

Because Rei has played the game a thousand times, she knows what's coming up and why it happens, so she says the keywords to the father that he'd know about, but Claire wouldn't. Once Claire and the maid were out of the room, Rei probably told the father that despite knowing what was going on, she was completely fine with it, and wanted to defend Claire no matter what, and to be her shield in the event of some major crisis. From the father's perspective, best case scenario, Rei is being completely honest and he gains both a loyal confidant and a protector for his daughter. Worst case scenario, by bringing her onto the staff he ensures that he can keep an eye on her and ensure that she continues keeping the secret. Either way, he wins, and there are worse outcomes than his noble daughter putting up with an overzealous maid for a few years.

Aggregator gang
It’s hard for me to change the image of character that I’ve built while reading the LN xD

If im lady Claire i would also freak out, my tsundere heart cant handle something like this.

Dex-chan lover
Fufufu I love the both of them... but that just extreme!... >//<

Dex-chan lover
Magnificent blackmail.

@RozuArison08
It’s hard for me to change the image of character that I’ve built while reading the LN xD
You mean literally? Like, how they're drawn? Or does someone pull a 180?
Please don't tell me that Drama tag is actual Drama... 😑

Aggregator gang
@Tatherwood I mean it’s kinda hard to imagine an accurate “character design” when you’re reading. And honestly, the males on the novel are more attractive when I was imagining them 😂 The girls are pretty much the same especially the two main characters xD

Dex-chan lover
@RozuArison08 Oh, so literally the physical appearance then, good.
Yeah, when you make the character's image in your mind sometimes the "actual thing" betrays expectations xD

Fed-Kun's army
i can hear him laugh "Ka ka ka ka" like a certain character from a certain anime about a certain club that help people

Dex-chan lover
I mean... I can't really blame Claire here, Rei getting her father to agree hiring her via some secret talk is suspicious as all hell. What's more, Rei's slavish devotion IS creepy if you don't know her story (and even if you do, "I love this character so I want to be abused by them!" is... yeah). I wouldn't want her sniffing around my bedroom either.

@Deathhappens Agreed. I enjoy the character and all but this chapter does feel very double standard-ish. When a guy does something of similar manner it’s either from a poor story (opinionated admittedly but usually the character is not viewed favorably), downright creepy, or he is the villain.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Firemorfox
Is it reverse blackmail, and she explained a way to get rid of blackmail from one of the noble families? Or is Irvine the hidden capture target and Rei revealed a secret?
Very huge spoilers (especially the second spoiler tag) read at your own risk. I will not be held liable for any damages caused.
It is
not blackmail of any kind but a future prediction. If you want more details, click the second spoiler tag.

Country is going to get rekt due to some corrupt officials. Dad is secretly funding the rebellion of oppressed people and will/is supposed to get executed together with his daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread